Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1154102 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #3180
Fill us in.No secrets.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #3181
Quote from: Kitz Kat;372582
Hey Jerry hook a rope to it. I know you can make it work.lol

I could do some sort of MacGyver thing if I had to..... lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3182
Quote from: vinnietbird;372585
I got a box from you today. I'll ship it back asap for you.

cool.... no rush
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3183
installed my TV cable today, and had to make a part

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3184
Very, very close to backing it out of the garage.... maybe next weekend.
Weather permitting
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3185
aha! brilliant way to replace that pesky grommet.

Reply #3186
They actually sell that part I made. I thought $10 was to much for it, and needed it that moment. So I figured why not
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3187
Quote from: daminc;382280
They actually sell that part I made. I thought $10 was to much for it, and needed it that moment. So I figured why not

LOL I like the attitude. Nice. Been there done that, love being able to say "Nope I'm not spending SQUAT on this, I'll pull it out of thin air!" You must be itching to drive it...
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #3188
Quote from: ZondaC12;382282
You must be itching to drive it...
Maybe a little
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3189
Well that's good. Wouldn't want ya all antsy.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #3190
Well, I backed the car out of the garage today..... Had it idling in the drive way, put it in drive to put it back in, and it dies. tried for almost 20 min to get it restarted.
I believe I have either a fuel pressure or delivery problem. as soon as I depressurized the fuel rail, I turned the key, pump primed, and it started right up...

At least I got to sweep out the garage, and pull it back in.
Have to solder the leak in the radiator, or swap it with my other.
put new O-rings on the high pressure line of the PS pump.
added more fluid to the AOD, and need to recheck in the morning.

I still can't believe it moved .... lol

Still need to fix the shifter, although I can still put it into gear by manually pushing the tab down with my other hand.
need to check on my brakes again and fluid and lines. pedal goes pretty much to the floor, but the brakes are still stopping the car in the driveway.
Weather permitting, I'll get some new pics tomorrow outside, without having to push it out there.
Need to finish putting the front fenders, and front and back lights on, hood, and misc little things.

That's today's update
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3191
Glad to hear you made some progress. Was that the little clip from the t-body shaft I sent? I got a little done today. Have to adjust the idle tomorrow.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3192
yes it was Vinnie... I welded it right to that bolt...
Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, I just saw your text this afternoon. I must have shut the vol down on my phone
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3193
No problem, got it all together today. Still have to "fine tune" the idle, but that's not a big deal.............I hope.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3194
No video of the beast running? If I missed it Im sorry.

Feels good don't it?