Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1161074 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2790
Just spent the last ~2 hours skimming through this thread.

This has to be the most informative build thread i've seen on here, its given me so many things to consider when i'm looking for a tbird locally.

seriously impressed!
83 Thunderbird Heritage - Right Hand Drive
95 Falcon GLi

Reply #2791
Quote from: daminc;357570
Yes I got the stainless P headers around Christmas time

Quote from: daminc;357575
They are pretty... wonder what color they'll turn after I run it...I'm hoping for blue myself... lol

If you didn't get the Jet-Hot coated ones (I didn't) then they will turn dark gray and have a bit of surface rust, just like mine.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2792
Quote from: EFFalcon;357803
Just spent the last ~2 hours skimming through this thread.

This has to be the most informative build thread i've seen on here, its given me so many things to consider when i'm looking for a tbird locally.

seriously impressed!

thanks, my favorite part of doing this whole project, is when it got painted..... looks so much better in person when compared to the pics...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2793
Quote from: thunderjet302;357804
If you didn't get the Jet-Hot coated ones (I didn't) then they will turn dark gray and have a bit of surface rust, just like mine.

yea, I'm prepared for that already too. that seems to be the way they go... either blue, or they look burnt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2794
Jerry, you're going to have A/C aren't you? I have the Sport's working great now, but I have one problem....I've gone A/C delete so long, I forget it works and get pretty warm in the car before I realize "Hey !!! I have A/C !!!". What parts are you still needing (other than injectors...I'm working on that).
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2795
Yes. AC is a must in a black car...I will know in a week or 2 if I need anything.. possibly an intake spacer is all I might need. I haven't put anything together, so I'm not sure what I'm missing yet.. Just collecting what I can to make it go faster when I get to it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2796
well, after the py start on Saturday. Today went a lot smoother except for the arthritis, due to the weather being cold and damp...
Random pics as I'm working on the brakes, and the rear brake lines.

found my upper brake line..

thinking I need to paint the brackets for the brakes....but what color?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2797
I realized that the door jambs are my favorite part of my rebuild....I don't know why... but they are pretty crisp looking.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2798
Beautiful........and the jambs really do look crispy. I love looking at your update pics, It helps me stay motivated to get the Sport back into her fighting shape.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2799
as an update from the other thread on Friday...I did get the calipers moving after some soaking, found the bolts, and upper brake line. Probably finishing the hard brake line, and moving on to the trans crossmember later today..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2800
The crossmember will be easy stuff. I'm going to go out and do some mods to my throttle body and play with that to eliminate the whistling. Then, may bump the timing up to 14 where it was.

Reply #2801
hopefully the bolts won't give me a problem.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2802
For the crossmember? If they are bad, let me know and I'll grab you some.

Reply #2803
Dude,that is sick.  Really sick.  I wish I had 1/10th your skill at bodywork.  I've kinda lost motivation to work on mine.  It's been 95 degrees, IN THE GARAGE!  Lookin at stuff like this though, makes we wanna get started back.

Reply #2804
lol....My garage is air conditioned too.... Had to rub that in..lol
 Thanks, it just takes some research, practice and a lot of patience to get it done.

Vinnie, I don't have any bolts, so I'll be heading to Fastenall to get something to bolt it in.. Had to cut the old ones because of rust. If I can't find anything, I'll let you know. but I should find something I can use over there.  What grade bolts are in there anyway?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook