Skip to main content
Topic: Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014 (Read 1160941 times) previous topic - next topic

Project Evolution *** Project Complete **** Wednesday July 9, 2014

Reply #2130
Nervous??? your talking to the guy that cut 50" of quarter panel off his car, (both sides)

hell yea I am.. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2131
No matter what I do,or have done to the Sport,there are just some tasks that never get any easier.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2132
hahaha

Reply #2133
Only the unibody,windshield,and rear window is left from my Sport that it rolled out the assembly plant with.I've replaced everything else.

On Jerry's car (Daminc),the only thing left from his car is the VIN plate.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2134
Quote from: vinnietbird;317440
Only the unibody,windshield,and rear window is left from my Sport that it rolled out the assembly plant with.I've replaced everything else.

On Jerry's car (Daminc),the only thing left from his car is the VIN plate.

Also the front, and rear glass. :D
Lets just say, I built a car around an interior. lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2135
That's like building a house around a cabinet door.LOL.

Reply #2136
Quote from: vinnietbird;317454
That's like building a house around a cabinet door.LOL.

But more enjoyable

Reply #2137
Quote from: daddybair7;317516
But more enjoyable

and more people interested ;)

Reply #2138
Jerry...................Jerrrrrrrryyyyyy...............I need to see some newly painted body panels.........

Reply #2139
Got it epoxy sealed today. next is...........................Well, you know what's next. lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2140
Oh man !!! Soooo close.You'll be waxing it by Monday....riiiiiiight? Maybe not.

Reply #2141
I'll take a day off and then wax it. lol

Paint will happen tomorrow, I didn't want to paint it to quick and have solvent pop in the paint. I had that happen once. it wasn't pretty, and had to repaint a few panels on my previous car. I'll also check it over for debris and runs in the sealer before I paint. So far is looks awesome. When it was wet, it looked incredible in the lights.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #2142
That great man! You've got to be getting excited.

Reply #2143
It's coming alive! Very exciting man!

Reply #2144
Hope to see it in paint soon!  Great work so far...
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube