Skip to main content
Topic: The new DD: 2001 Police Interceptor, new PICS on Page 11! (Read 10538 times) previous topic - next topic

The new DD: 2001 Police Interceptor, new PICS on Page 11!

Reply #90
You try, you really do, but then some jerk tries to kill you by running a red light/swerving/speeding/etc and you immediately try to honk!

Reply #91
my best guess is to follow the wires and see if there is a short somewhere inside the column or where the wires come out of the column.  Apparently the power side of the wire (horn) is making too much power.
1987 TC

Reply #92
My guess is the power going to the horn in the engine compartment is shorted to ground.  When you hit the button, you send power to the horn and blow the fuse. 

Try unplugging each horn and test for continuity to ground and work your way backwards.  I'm really just guessing without a schematic.

Reply #93
Clean car looks good so are you gonna keep the #202 on the top of the car?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #94
Greetings from another Panther owner!

Gorgeous car--my dad had a 1998 CVPI, drove it 425k(not a typo) with no problems. :)

Reply #95
Awesome! My 124K is considered "low mileage" in the Panther world.

Reply #96
Nice!
I'm considering buying one for a DD. I'd like to find the shotgun and/or AR mounts for the dash though. Unless the one I get hasn't been drilled.
Why'd you call the cops about the 12g slug?

Reply #97
(Wonders if Mike wants an old Pennsylvania Sheriff's Association front license plate -- that would throw some people for a loop :evilgrin: )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #98
Geez, that cleaned up freaking nice man. :idhitit:
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #99
your cvpi looks great man and it did buff out great. On the horn, have you looked for similar wiring to foxs in the car such as a horn relay?

also, have you made the horn manually by putting power on it from the battery?

The wiring should not be much different from our cars but you never know.  If the cruise is working fine, then your just going to have to trace out the wires one for one.  Soon you will run into the relay.

Reply #100
On older Fords with a cruise servo, the horn circuit runs through the speed control servo.  I have had to replace several servos due to this.  Also, the clockspring will break too.  But your problem is usually caused by the servo having a short.  PM me if you want some wiring diagrams.
Matt :tg:

Reply #101
Thanks for the compliments and tips on the wiring/horns. I need to get a free moment to diagnose it further, right now I'm spending all of my time on other projects! (Getting the RX-7 ready for the autocross in 2 weeks, pulling the stock 2.3T from John's TC, building the 2.3T for DW, restoring the neighbor's 59 Buick, plus work, college full time, and trying to eat/sleep!)

Reply #102
Quote from: P71;212863
Thanks for the compliments and tips on the wiring/horns. I need to get a free moment to diagnose it further, right now I'm spending all of my time on other projects! (Getting the RX-7 ready for the autocross in 2 weeks, pulling the stock 2.3T from John's TC, building the 2.3T for DW, restoring the neighbor's 59 Buick, plus work, college full time, and trying to eat/sleep!)
Glad I'm not alone.  I get so burned out I come home and do nothing but sit at the puter. :toilet:
1987 TC

Reply #103
I finally got the paint all polished up to my standards. I gave my poor polisher a workout! :hick:

Down to a 14.85, still on 87 octane and still exactly how I drive it to the track :burnout:

Reply #104
That looks good, and makes me tempted to get one for a DD.
A guy over on CornerCarvers converted his to 5speed.
Any idea how much it weighs?