Skip to main content
Topic: The new DD: 2001 Police Interceptor, new PICS on Page 11! (Read 10539 times) previous topic - next topic

The new DD: 2001 Police Interceptor, new PICS on Page 11!

Reply #60
Well, I installed some new carpet today ($89 from eBay brand new). Also threw in the lower mileage gray front seats. For some REAL before pics, check out page 1, but here's some before's as of starting today. Notice the front seats are blue...

Reply #61
Here's the during's. Check out the 12 gauge slug! Found it under the rubber floor in the passenger footwell. The local Sheriff's Office sent a car out to get it, they were pretty cool and liked my Vic. The Sergeant wants to try to sneak some Flowmaster 40's onto his cruiser now!

Also the rat's nest of wiring I cut out of the floor area. About 2#'s worth. All the trim in this car is soooooo easy to pull! Just pull, no screws or clips or anything!

Reply #62
And here's the finished product! Didn't take that long, but it sure was COLD out today! I also saved about 40#s swapping in a manual driver's seat over the power unit. I'm still going to try and find a better driver's seat as this one has a burn hole and a cut in it (and they cut the harness from it so the Airbag light is flashing!)

All in all, the interior now has $200 invested in it and it's looking mighty good I think. Comfier, cleaner, and nicer for sure!

Reply #63
cool man!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #64
Just a quick outside "update". The "Police Interceptor" emblem is securely beck on the trunk (I'm still torn as to whether to put the Ford oval back or not though), all of the yellow striping is gone (but not the roof numbers!), the side trim panels are back on the doors, and it's been washed (but not detailed or waxed yet, still getting the grime off to get to the paint!). I just haven't put any "overall" outside shots up since dragging it home...

I ordered up some trim rings and centercaps today for the wheels (decide to keep the cop steelies). I'm trying to get a custom pushbar made for the front (a small crossbar only so I can mount a set of round Hella Rally style foglights). I do need to figure out what to do with the front doors...

Reply #65
I like the idea of the push-bar on the front, but I don't like the idea of putting rally-style driving lights on it. That's a little too hokey for my taste.
Other than that, nice work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #66
Quote from: cougarcragar;199743
That's a little too hokey for my taste.
Other than that, nice work. 

x2

Reply #67
Really? It needs more lighting (they're worse then stock fox TBird/Cougar lights if that's even possible!) and I thought 2 of the small round fogs mounted below the bar would be low-profile enough. Like this:

________
[]------[]
[] o  o []

Wow, that sucked...

Reply #68
Are those the 16" steelies? They have 17's now and them are some heavy mothers....
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #69
These are the 16"s. They have 225/60/16 Kevlar lined cop tires on them too ;)

Reply #70
Congrats Michael ! Your car is very nice, i like it ! You are doing a good work there. How it drives until now ? still getting great power and mileage ?

You need a good (loooud) sound system ! but i think you prefer the sweet tone of the exhaust :D
1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150

Reply #71
Still drives great! It's so quiet inside with the carpet now, and the seats are much better (not the old ones were bad, but now it's like driving around in a Lazy-Boy!). I'm getting 20MPG mixed/25MPG freeway observed on the cheapest 87 swill I find. Power is good (but it need more, maybe a turbo? :D )

Cars have radios?

Reply #72
I bet a 460 fits................;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #73
It does! :D A lot better then a 5.4 too...

I'm living with the 4.6 until it explodes, and if/when it does I don't know what I'll do. Part of me thinks 351, but the other half screams LS1 (I know, I know).

I'm itching to see what it does at the track though...

Reply #74
What about a chip? That made one hell of a difference with my 4.6.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]