Skip to main content
Topic: Alright, the new project........ (Read 2836 times) previous topic - next topic

Alright, the new project........

Ok, here it is. 1985 Ford Mustang LX? GT? Don't know that part for sure.  Do know that this is going to be more or less an easy project for going fast. Still unsure of the engine that needs to go in it, color, and everything else. What I do know that getting parts for these is extremely easier than it is for the older Thunderbirds and Cougars.

It runs real good, has 78000 original miles on it and is real fun to drive.  Let me know what you guys think. I like it cuz its a 4 eye and you don't see this style around here much. Enjoy.

Brian

Reply #1
more for the picture ws on here.....

Reply #2
Looks like an 85 GT to me?

Reply #3
yeah it's just missing the GT trim under the rear windows. no biggie. could have been an lx and a GT nose thrown on not that hard to do. whats the title say?

looks good though and straight
trick flow street heat intake , 24lbs injetors, ported GT-40's (Chip) long tube headers. and a Performance Automatic C4, with a hurst shifter!

Reply #4
The door panels are from a 79-80 model. It even has door handles like a 79-80.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #5
frankinstang

Reply #6
Quote from: 5.0 bird;191046
The door panels are from a 79-80 model. It even has door handles like a 79-80.

Yuppers.  You'd of thought that "proper" doors would have been easier to find than those.  You're stuck on door panels with those doors.

I'd still take your XR-7 over that ;)
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #7
Quote from: Chuck W;191053
Yuppers.  You'd of thought that "proper" doors would have been easier to find than those.  You're stuck on door panels with those doors.

Hahahah! I've never seen those door panels before (must have never seen a 79/80 then). What were they thinking? Who thought it would be a good idea to be able to scratch your ankle and open the door at the same time?

Reply #8
Im pretty sure its a GT. The dash panels are GT. Along with the nose.
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #9
Looking good. I'd like to find one in that shape around here.
Look at the door code to see if it matches the vin.
A previous owner might also have put a newer clip on it, or may have a different title to it, etc etc.
Possibilities are several, but either way, it's a decent looking Stang for it's age.
I'd try to find a set of 84-86 doors, though there's not many left worth finding.

Man, makes me wish I'd kept my '86 notch now...
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #10
The title says 85 ford  body style cp.

so it says nothing about what kind of car it is. I am pretty sure it is a gt it has the dual ram air holes in the engine bay for the air cleaner. Someone has changed the engine from ho to so though. The car was completely cobbled when I got it. a tune up and a little wiring and it runs fine now.
  oh and chuck, i'd take the engine from the xr-7 over this one anyday, but not the body. When I traded the xr-7 i gave them that tiny steering wheel and took everything else off that I had put on there. The steering wheel is safe with me.

The doors definately bugged me at first, but now I kind of like them. The whole car will be a frankestang when i am through anyways.......maybe in a year or so it will be done. I gotta get a different car, one that gets 50 miles to the gallon. The stang gets about 8.5 the way I drive it.
Brian

Reply #11
Nice find.  Im trying to get 81 4 eyed stang.  Make my 88 5.0 stang and using it for parts.  Lots of work but would be fun.  Have fun with it.

igiveup
86 ELAN t-bird all mustang parts (Sold)  I love this site.
85 bronco 2. Dura sparked (soon TBI) too many parts
1988 5.0 lx Stang (93 gt cobra mass air)
85 Honda 250sx trike
06 F150 tow rig. all kinds of goodies.(This is why I sold the Bird)
igiveup was the only name I could get. lol

Reply #12
Quote from: Tbird232ci;191058
Im pretty sure its a GT. The dash panels are GT. Along with the nose.

+1 here, I have an '85 5.0L LX, welcome to the four eyed stang world, lol...  Nice ride...

Reply #13
Yours looks to be in a little better shape than mine. But thanks. I like it. It's nice to have a bit of a change in vehicles.

Reply #14
actually yours look like it is in better shape to me.....  just keep working at it and stick to your goals with it, like I did.  I converted the front to suit my tatses not the worlds tastes...  (mind you if I can get an '82 GT front clip I will convert it back to four eyed...)

I did the front end conversion though so everybody hates it now... LOL

See: