Skip to main content
Topic: My First Cougar (Read 2872 times) previous topic - next topic

My First Cougar

Hey. I am new here, I just purchased a 1988 Merc Cougar xr-7. I got it off a friend who was selling it for dirt cheap after putting many hours and couple thousand into the car. from what i hear the body was all rotten, and the car looked like it should have been in the s yard. now with some new body panels and paint and lots of motor and other mechanical work here she is...

My First Cougar

Reply #1
Looks nice dude. Like the blue.:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]      STEVE ;)

My First Cougar

Reply #2
looks good
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

My First Cougar

Reply #3
I love the blue, I love the white, How everything flows together nicely. I thought i would never drive a Ford. I was a definate Chev fan. Then i seen this baby. took her for a spin. I wont let her go. and I dont think anyone here is going to beleve the price I paid for her...

My First Cougar

Reply #4
Wow, nice paint, nice car.
What's the story under the hood?

I'd venture a guess of 100 bucks..?
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

My First Cougar

Reply #5
Really nice under the hood. 5 liter HO. All new gaskets. no i paid 500 for it. he was originally asking 2500. no one was buying and parents threatened if it wasnt gone in a week that it was being towed to the s yard. he called me up told me i could have it for 500 no questions asked so i picked it up yesterday. needs nothing to go back on the road. it is in super solid condition. I am still in shock that i got if for that amount.

My First Cougar

Reply #6
Nice cat.  welcome aboard. what area are you from?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

My First Cougar

Reply #7
Sault Ste Marie Ontario Canada. Border of upper peninsula Michigan

My First Cougar

Reply #8
i thought those were ontario plates.
i've also seen that blue before but can't place it yet.--- shelby?
glad another cat walked in
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

My First Cougar

Reply #9
Wow, only 500!?
Nicceeee...can't wait to see more pics of it.
stock HO, or has it been modded?
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

My First Cougar

Reply #10
I am not sure what type of blue it is. i am going to have to ask him. all i know is i love blue and i love white. and i love the way the racing stripes flow with the body lines comin up the hood as one and splitting off into 2. wild idea. I am in love <3

My First Cougar

Reply #11
I know. I am still in shock and keep going to look out my window to make sure i am not dreaming. its a stock HO..... For now that is :P
I will take some more pics when it is not snowing so much. we are getting absolutely dumped on right now.. those pictures were taken in his garage. before i had to bring her out in the snow. she is getting undercoated and everything before i drive her. she is being driving this winter (starting in january when i get it on the road) and then next winter i am thinking of storing it. but i dont know 100% yet. i love being able to just burp the throttle in a corner and being able to drift it nicely. unlike all these FWD cars we have up here attempting to drift by pulling the e-brake. LMAO

My First Cougar

Reply #12
another great thing i love about the car. I am older than the car by 1 year!!! that is the awesome part!!

My First Cougar

Reply #13
Quote from: daminc;190496
Ii've also seen that blue before but can't place it yet.--- shelby?

96 Thunderbird Blue. AKA Moonlight Blue.

My First Cougar

Reply #14
Thank you slamedcat!