Skip to main content
Topic: Sad Sad Story (Read 2563 times) previous topic - next topic

Sad Sad Story

Have any of you seen the story in the news about the buried car? Tulsa, OK 1957. The residents buried a then new Plymouth Belvedere as a time capsule and would then retrieve it from it's tomb in 50 years, Tulsa's centenial. Well it's been 50 years and they dug up the car to find the concrete vault they thought was sealed, had leaked. The vault and car were full of water. If you are a fan of the movie Christine, You have to see this!     

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6fQZhua6d0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBcnLnWgeMg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reKfD8lNhac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr6aoM8eG0c
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]      STEVE ;)

Sad Sad Story

Reply #1
Yes..we've seen it....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Sad Sad Story

Reply #2
I see you speak for everyone. I guess new from Tulsa travels to Indy faster than it travels to Baltimore. Next time, I'll ask "we" first.

Sad Sad Story

Reply #3
i just wish they'd pressure wash the mud off
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Sad Sad Story

Reply #4
It's rust, not mud.

Sad Sad Story

Reply #5
Quote from: Blackbird1;190470
I see you speak for everyone. I guess new from Tulsa travels to Indy faster than it travels to Baltimore. Next time, I'll ask "we" first.
...Or try "search"

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?t=14407&highlight=buried+plymouth

That buried Plymouth was the talk of the car guy scene about six months ago, and has been featured in just about every automotive magazine going...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Sad Sad Story

Reply #6
I'm sorry for wasting your time and mine. I, you see, do have a life and am not able to "search" every source of media before I decide to share a story that I think is interesting. If this is a no no on this forum then why is their a "lounge" forum anyway. I don't feel like lounging right now, I feel like flipping you off!!!!!!!!!:beatyoass:

Sad Sad Story

Reply #7
In other words, some people may not have seen this story and may not have a whole lotta time to surf the net. I am one of those people. That's why I just found out about this buried rusted piece of shiznit mopar today.

Sad Sad Story

Reply #8
I didn't know about it. Thanks for posting it! :D
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Sad Sad Story

Reply #9
See!:d

Sad Sad Story

Reply #10
Redirect!

Sad Sad Story

Reply #11
I had heard that the date was coming up last year on an antique car forum, that SUCKED. I wish I hadn't found out until like a month before! I was soooo excited I couldn't wait to see what it was like (I was real hopeful and thus real sad to see the results). But I read recently that some well-known de-rusting fluid manufacturer is gonna use just that stuff and see what they can do with it, and maybe get the thing running too!

I can't help wondering if somehow it was possible to keep water out for that long, if it would have held up!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Sad Sad Story

Reply #12
Quote from: Blackbird1;190488
I'm sorry for wasting your time and mine. I, you see, do have a life and am not able to "search" every source of media before I decide to share a story that I think is interesting. If this is a no no on this forum then why is their a "lounge" forum anyway. I don't feel like lounging right now, I feel like flipping you off!!!!!!!!!:beatyoass:

Posting something in the lounge is not a no-no. Posting something in a lounge, then getting all pissy and defensive when somebody points out that it's old news, is. You asked if we'd seen it. Chuck replied to the question you asked, in no particularly rude manner, that we, as a forum, had indeed seen it. You got all pissy with Chuck, so I showed you that it had been posted before.

Seriously - wouldn't "OK, well, here it is again for those of you who hadn't seen it" been a better response than "I see you speak for everyone. I guess new from Tulsa travels to Indy faster than it travels to Baltimore. Next time, I'll ask "we" first."?
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Sad Sad Story

Reply #13
yeah, she's a pos.  but when it's done boyd will make it worse.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Sad Sad Story

Reply #14
Neither did I. Fox news doesn't bother with that stuff and the only mag i read is MM&FF.
It's always fun until someone loses an eye. then it's fun ya can't see.

-James Hetfield back when metallica was still making good music.