Skip to main content
Topic: oil sensor (Read 2231 times) previous topic - next topic

oil sensor

Reply #15
True, but his problem is with pressure, not oil level....Any update?
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

oil sensor

Reply #16
no updates yet, I'm trying to figure out what to do. I'm a bit low on money, so first thing I'd like to do is get a new sender unit and see if that fixes it.
What are signs of low oil pressure? Engine runs fine.

oil sensor

Reply #17
im having the same problem,that annoying beeping all the time.sometimes it works and shows oil pressure, the next minute you hear the beep, and shows low pressure.i got a new sender, from advance for like 12 bucks,i haven't installed it yet though.
302 baby ,yeah

oil sensor

Reply #18
Oil leak? My Catera does the same thing. When the oil is cold you et good pressure but after it warms up it begins to leak would be my guess.

oil sensor

Reply #19
i haven't installed it yet though.

I got a new sender a few days after my last post in this thread, but after all this time I still haven't replaced it ;)
The beeping is annoying at times and it was really bad for a while (10+ minutes of continuous beeping), but the past few weeks it's been suspicously quiet

oil sensor

Reply #20
Quote from: thebruins;260523
I got a new sender a few days after my last post in this thread, but after all this time I still haven't replaced it ;)
The beeping is annoying at times and it was really bad for a while (10+ minutes of continuous beeping), but the past few weeks it's been suspicously quiet

It's been 15 months.....

More wrenching :hick:
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

oil sensor

Reply #21
More wrenching

I did the wrenching today and replaced the oil pressure sender. I got 5 bars now (before, I got 4) and there's no random beeping anymore.

Thread finally closed :)

oil sensor

Reply #22
I had the same problem. Somehow the wire go ripped out. I didn't figure that out till I alread bought a new oil pressure sender. Whats really funny, is it sometimes said the levels were fine even without the wire going to anything.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

oil sensor

Reply #23
Whats really funny, is it sometimes said the levels were fine even without the wire going to anything.

LOL! Guess it's not even an idiot light then, more some sort of decorative light... But I have to say, sometimes it seemed the car just gave up on beeping only to start again a few minutes later, as if it knew I wasn't paying attention to the beeping anyway