Skip to main content
Topic: WTB 88 TC front and rear brake calipers (Read 992 times) previous topic - next topic

WTB 88 TC front and rear brake calipers

I'm looking for a set of front and rear brake calipers that are in good condition for my 88 turbo coupe. will need to be shipping to 63379.

Reply #1
You can buy them new at NAPA.

Reply #2
AutoZone has them too but they're expensive as hell! I was hoping I could get a used pair in good shape for cheaper.

Reply #3
I have a set of fronts with S/S Sleeves if your still looking...
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #4
Well in that case I have a set of 4 used ones :hick:

Reply #5
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;190181
Well in that case I have a set of 4 used ones :hick:

How much shipped to 63379? Are they in good shape?

Reply #6
They worked 3 years ago when I pulled them. They've been sitting in my storage shed since then. They'll need a cleaning and a hardware kit and some pads, but the calipers and pistons are all fine. It's going to cost $25 to ship them because they weigh so much. So, say $100 shipped for the set of 4?

Reply #7
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;190330
They worked 3 years ago when I pulled them. They've been sitting in my storage shed since then. They'll need a cleaning and a hardware kit and some pads, but the calipers and pistons are all fine. It's going to cost $25 to ship them because they weigh so much. So, say $100 shipped for the set of 4?

Ok it might be a week or two before I can get the money out to you but I'll take 'em! I can get the hardware kit at autozone right?

Reply #8
I dunno about AutoZoo, but NAPA definately has the hardware. I'll drag them to the garage and clean them all up and get a good look at them.

Reply #10
Quote from: JoeNoble;190691
any idea how much the hardware kit will cost me?

Unless your pins are bad (seized, rusty) I would just reuse them. The rears are prolly bad, but the fronts could be either or depending on your climate. If you need new ones in the front make sure they are the same size pins as you have now. The smaller ones allow the calipers to rattle around and will proceed to drive you insane. I know from experience. That was almost reason enough for me to go with SN-95 brakes.

If I recall correctly the front pins are like $5 each.

Check rockauto.com.

Reply #11
Quote from: Ether947;190703
Unless your pins are bad (seized, rusty) I would just reuse them. The rears are prolly bad, but the fronts could be either or depending on your climate. If you need new ones in the front make sure they are the same size pins as you have now. The smaller ones allow the calipers to rattle around and will proceed to drive you insane. I know from experience. That was almost reason enough for me to go with SN-95 brakes.

Check rockauto.com.

I don't have much experience with brakes... SN-95?...

Reply #12
Quote from: Ether947;190703

Check rockauto.com.

Would it be a "Caliper Guide Pin Boot Kit" or a "Brake Spring Hold Down Pin"?

Reply #13
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;190600
I dunno about AutoZoo, but NAPA definately has the hardware. I'll drag them to the garage and clean them all up and get a good look at them.

Do they come with all the hardware I need to put them on?

Reply #14
Quote from: JoeNoble;190745
I don't have much experience with brakes... SN-95?...

94-98 Mustang (most refer to 94-04 Stangs as SN-95)

Quote from: JoeNoble;190747
Would it be a "Caliper Guide Pin Boot Kit" or a "Brake Spring Hold Down Pin"?

Caliper Bolts (aka: pins) are what you want. Two for each side. The Caliper Boot kit for the front you won't need with S/S Sleeves. But rears you prolly will...