Skip to main content
Topic: WTB: '88 front trim piece (Read 538 times) previous topic - next topic

WTB: '88 front trim piece

I need the passenger side, front trim piece that goes between the bumper and wheel-well.  I need the version that has a space for the side marker light, as can be seen in the maroon Cougar in this photo.

http://www.coolcats.net/fox/1988.html

Does anyone have such a trim piece for sale?
Robert

- too many '80s Capris and mid-'70s Cougars

Reply #1
I have one, from a turbo coupe. The only thing is the studs from it are snapped if i remember correctly, other then that its perfect. Id let it go for 12 bucks shipped. Ill get a pic
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #2
lucky you. only one stud is half broke the other is all there but a tab bent. It should work but its up to you. Pics are coming
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #3

my $300 beater ;)

Reply #4
I have the replacement chrome kits new for all of the trim.

And the correct used one if you don't like daboss's.

Reply #5
I have a pair for $20.00 shipped in great shape.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
Thanks for the fast replies, guys.  Are these trim pieces the same for the Turbo Coupe and the Cougar?  It would be nice to get the piece and the chrome kit from the same person, just to make things easier.  Michael, can you post pics of yours?
Robert

Reply #7
micheal most likely has the chrome one! Hes your man.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #8
Here's the correct piece, with both studs, in chrome. $10 shipped to your door.

If you're still interested in the replacement chrome, I sell that new for $29.99, enough to do the whole car plus a little extra. I can throw it in the same box.

Reply #9
I'll take it.  Michael, PM me on where to send the $10.

Hopefully, I won't need the chrome kit, so I will pass on that for now.

Thanks.
Robert