Skip to main content
Topic: Cup Holder! (Read 2300 times) previous topic - next topic

Cup Holder!

Hey look, I posted an exclamation point instead of a question mark. That's because I am posting a potential solution instead of a question :hick:

I had been using a Euro Junior adjustable cup holder that velcro'd to the console. Worked good for years but it rattled something fierce and drove me insane. Also, adjusting it was a pain in the arse.

I was in Target and saw one of those cup-holders that is supposed to hang on the door - I figured I'd put it under the armrest as a second cup-holder. After using it once, I realized it was a pain not having a place to rest my el-bone :D . I then realized that if I slid the groove in the UPR aluminum lighter delete http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=707 over the slot in the cup holder, I could hold the cup-holder in place:

Nice thing about this arrangement, it's easy to remove the cup holder, ligher delete and go back to stock look (like when I'm at the track and need easy access to the line-lock switch.)
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Cup Holder!

Reply #1
Nice shift !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cup Holder!

Reply #2
Quote from: cougarcragar;186951
Nice shift !

this thread shouldve been title "SHIFT !".  but thats an awesome find man, its not an easy task to have a cup holde rin a fox, and this one looks pretty good. how's first gear? looks like its getting close.
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

Cup Holder!

Reply #3
Quote from: grutinator;186970
this thread shouldve been title "SHIFT !".  but thats an awesome find man, its not an easy task to have a cup holde rin a fox, and this one looks pretty good. how's first gear? looks like its getting close.

It's actually not even close - even with a "large regular" :burnout:

Is the shift  too dominant in the photo? :shakeass:

Cup Holder!

Reply #4
ewwww...... stock stereo alert!!!!

Nice though, lol that is so simple!
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Cup Holder!

Reply #6
Any idea where to find a less than $18 lighter delete thingermadoodle?
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Cup Holder!

Reply #7
Quote from: Innes;186995
good job
what’s those lights switches for to the right of it.

One swich is for line-lock, the light to the right of that is the H2O/Meth injection activation indicator, the next light is "TBD", and the switch changes tunes in the TwEECer. :burnout:

Cup Holder!

Reply #8
Quote from: bhazard;187008
Any idea where to find a less than $18 lighter delete thingermadoodle?

Ooops, I forgot about that detail - I picked mine up as an impulse buy at the Fun Ford Weekend - lol!

Cup Holder!

Reply #9
Cup holder- meh.

5 speed Cougar- my pants get happy. :D

This was my solution:

It spilt, a lot. I got tired of it and stopped drinking in my car.

'88 Mercury Cougar LS, 302, Project Car - "The Coug"
'83 Ford Thunderbird Heritage, 302, Summer Ride, - "The Bambi Killer"
'86 Chevrolet S10, Daily Driver -  "The Black Beater"

Cup Holder!

Reply #10
Meh, looks like a good way to break a vent. Also too high up, looks like it would partially block my view out of the windshield and annoy me.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Cup Holder!

Reply #11
True it also swung around. Who would have thunk?

I learnt my lesson after taking a hard left with a extra large double double landing on my lap and surrounding areas.

'88 Mercury Cougar LS, 302, Project Car - "The Coug"
'83 Ford Thunderbird Heritage, 302, Summer Ride, - "The Bambi Killer"
'86 Chevrolet S10, Daily Driver -  "The Black Beater"

Cup Holder!

Reply #12
Why not just take the box like cup / coin holder out of a I believe it was a 90's Mercury Sable or ford tarus and put it above the radio where the storage tray is :S..  Then u get a cup holder and a coin holder :-p.  I think it would fit, and if u don't want it that high shift the radio up or w/e...
.: Lastest :.

Cup Holder!

Reply #13
It spilt, a lot. I got tired of it and stopped drinking in my car.

That's because it was a Type S cupholder. S stands for sheeeeit. ;)

Cup Holder!

Reply #14
Quote from: Crusher;187074
Why not just take the box like cup / coin holder out of a I believe it was a 90's Mercury Sable or ford tarus and put it above the radio where the storage tray is :S..  Then u get a cup holder and a coin holder :-p.  I think it would fit, and if u don't want it that high shift the radio up or w/e...

You mean where the stock equalizer is? :hick:

Decent choice there, but I thought I read in another post that there was a depth issue there?