Skip to main content
Topic: Finally found a 85 T-bird (Read 3735 times) previous topic - next topic

Finally found a 85 T-bird

Reply #30
what are you going to do with the trottlebody and all the cfi stuff?
84 el camino ss-daily driver(efi mild sbc,2004r, posi 3:42 rear.)
84 mercury cougar v6- was a v6/ nitrous drag car, going back to mostly stock
81 chevy malibu-protouring/  drag car.( efi sbc supercharged 283 that will rev to the moon, 2004r, 4:11 posi rear)

Reply #32
I picked up some more parts this week. I found a GT40 Nitrous Express plate on corral for $150 shipped. Now all I need to do is piece the rest of the kit together which should be around $500 or so. I got an even better deal on 94-95 Mustang calipers and brackets, spindles, and new brake hoses for $80. I went to Pull A Part today and found a Mark 8 electric fan and a 3G alternator off a 95 Mustang 3.8 all for $33.42. Pics to come.

Reply #33
I guess I need to update this a little. My wife said she won't drive this so I'm going a different route. I'll be listing the SEFI harness and Auto shifters for sale shortly. I've got a friend with a Ford Racing SEFI harness that needs money and I like that harness because I am more familiar with it. The AOD is going to a friend for his 89 Mustang LX project and the T5Z from my 91 Mustang coupe will be going into this. The 91 5.0 in my 95 Cobra will be coming out this fall and a 351W will be in its place, that means the 91 5.0 with a B cam and GT40's will find its way into the T-bird. I've paused work on the T-bird due to weather and the completion of the Cobra. The Cobra is getting paint soon and once its painted, work on the T-bird will pick back up. I did score a Turbo Coupe grill from the Pull A Part Sunday, and I might go back for a black dash pad and console. :D Anyone need the electric climate control or the trip/ clock?

Reply #34
X

X

X

i started off with a 84 t-bird.....rewired it using an 83 cougar 3.8 carbed wiring harness.

Reply #36
sweet cobra!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07