Skip to main content
Topic: Finally found a 85 T-bird (Read 3734 times) previous topic - next topic

Finally found a 85 T-bird

Reply #15
To go to the full digital cluster you'll have to drop the tank and change out the fuel sender.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
5.0L Speed density
Explorer intake
'92 Mustang GT cam
GT-40 racing heads
Unequal length headers
Custom-made duals
19# injectors
65mm TB
AFPR
T/C header panel
11" brake upgrade
T/C rear sway bar
Electrical mods: too many to list :D

Reply #16
Sweet. Making progress already. :D
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #17
Quote from: Quietleaf;191998
To go to the full digital cluster you'll have to drop the tank and change out the fuel sender.

Yup. I'll be changing the sending unit when I drop in the 190lph fuel pump I have for it.

Reply #18
Great job on the repairs!  Keep up the good work!  And take more pics!
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #19
Looking good! That looks about like my car. The right front washiznit so I got some Junk-yard parts. Guess what mine are both black also. The header and the fender. LOL Is that a black grill or it that the chorme one in the pic? Anyhow keep at it and it will get there.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #20
Lookin good!

Now sand it down and hit it with Krylon 1613!

Reply #21
Rip out that  on top of the splash guard, extra weight that you don't need
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #22
good work, I see you hide the rad support in the pics though... ;)  Is it rotted?  you can kind of see it in one pic....  Keep going with the project.

Reply #23
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;192084
good work, I see you hide the rad support in the pics though... ;)  Is it rotted?  you can kind of see it in one pic....  Keep going with the project.

I didn't mean to hide it, it didn't display with the rest of them. The support is in good shape with a little scaling on the underside where the bumper bolts up. Theres a few more in that photobucket account that I didn't post up.

Quote from: cougar86_89
Rip out that  on top of the splash guard, extra weight that you don't need

I plan to when I get some more time to work on it. You mean Ford added parts that weren't needed to these cars? :D

Quote from: tc²
Lookin good!

Now sand it down and hit it with Krylon 1613!

If that is Ultra Flat Black then yeah, thats what its getting.

Quote from: ipsd
Looking good! That looks about like my car. The right front washiznit so I got some Junk-yard parts. Guess what mine are both black also. The header and the fender. LOL Is that a black grill or it that the chorme one in the pic? Anyhow keep at it and it will get there.

Thanks, its just the stock chrome grill. The whole car will be black soon.

Quote from: blu84302
Great job on the repairs! Keep up the good work! And take more pics!

Thanks, I'll be taking pics every step of the way.

Reply #24
I took the A/C brackets, lines, and compressor off today to begin the HO engine swap. I also started taking the CFI lines and vacspooge stuff off as well. Not many pics, it was to cold to slow down.

Thanks to Cougarman for the parts I got today. I will get some pics of them tomorrow. :D

Reply #25
It looks like you will be busy for a while. Just in case you haven't thought of it yet... you will need the throttle cable, TV cable and bracket from a SEFI car (yours wont reach). I'd get the vacuum tree from a SEFI car too (The SEFI intake will interfere with your vacuum tree). Move your battery and solinoid to the drivers side and relocate the BAP/MAP to the firewall. You'll also need a radiator overflow tank from a SEFI car. That's just the stuff I see right away. I know you'll also need to make some changes to the fuel system from the tank to the engine... I.e. pump, lines, connections to the fuel rails, etc...

I would do all the relocating of stuff when the engine is out of the car if you plan on a rebuild or swap. You might have to drill some holes and it's alot easier with out stuff in the way.

Just keep at it bit by bit and you'll get there. Just make regular forward progress no matter how small to keep it going. If you run out of cash you can always clean or secure wires etc... Good luck with your project...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
86 5.0 Turbocoupe (Katrina), 87 5.0 Sport (Rita)

Reply #26
lookin good.

useless plug... ive got a nice TV cable if ya need one...

Reply #27
hey fordman3 i will buy your xr7 front bumper w/foglight if your selling it.
84 el camino ss-daily driver(efi mild sbc,2004r, posi 3:42 rear.)
84 mercury cougar v6- was a v6/ nitrous drag car, going back to mostly stock
81 chevy malibu-protouring/  drag car.( efi sbc supercharged 283 that will rev to the moon, 2004r, 4:11 posi rear)

Reply #28
Quote from: 87thunderbirdBlackJack;193395
lookin good.

useless plug... ive got a nice TV cable if ya need one...

I will need one, what do you want for it?

Quote from: Dogcharmer
It looks like you will be busy for a while. Just in case you haven't thought of it yet... you will need the throttle cable, TV cable and bracket from a SEFI car (yours wont reach). I'd get the vacuum tree from a SEFI car too (The SEFI intake will interfere with your vacuum tree). Move your battery and solinoid to the drivers side and relocate the BAP/MAP to the firewall. You'll also need a radiator overflow tank from a SEFI car. That's just the stuff I see right away. I know you'll also need to make some changes to the fuel system from the tank to the engine... I.e. pump, lines, connections to the fuel rails, etc...

I would do all the relocating of stuff when the engine is out of the car if you plan on a rebuild or swap. You might have to drill some holes and it's alot easier with out stuff in the way.

Just keep at it bit by bit and you'll get there. Just make regular forward progress no matter how small to keep it going. If you run out of cash you can always clean or secure wires etc... Good luck with your project...

Thanks for the info, I didn't think about the vacspooge tree at all. I'm going to get some fuel lines from a V8 Mustang. I plan to use an electric fan from a Taurus and do the 3G alternator conversion as well. The battery is going into the trunk for weight transfer and to clean up the engine compartment. I've got an overflow from a Mustang and I think it will bolt right up to the electric fan. I've also got the throttle cable from a V8 Mustang and I'm going to switch all the accesories over to Mustang serpentine drive.

Reply #29
I think I'm going to save alot of weight by going with a Mustang accessory drive setup. I never realized how many brackets there was on the front of this thing. CFI is out and SEFI wiring will go in once the engine is pulled and the engine bay cleaned and painted. A few pics of work done today: