Skip to main content
Topic: Mustang Forums (Read 2261 times) previous topic - next topic

Mustang Forums

Reply #15
I've been on corral for a few years. There's the occasional smartass that will yell for you to use the search function, but hey that happens here too. Like someone else said, there is a ton of tech and knowledge on there. The classifieds are pretty good as well.

Mustang Forums

Reply #16
I joined mustangforums over a year ago during a TCCoA invasion. OMG that was hilarious, but since my dad got his 90 Mustang I've been on there a lot more. :hick:
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Mustang Forums

Reply #17
Quote from: Tbird232ci;186342
Im a member of mustangforums.com, and there is an enormous amount of idiots on that forum.

[SIZE="2"]THERE'S AT LEAST ONE! [/SIZE]

just teasing, i dont know why, but i had to say it
1988 Thunderbird sport
2004 Ford F150 Lariat
2008  Chevrolet Cobalt Sport
2007 Suzuki DR-Z400S dual sport/Supermoto
1988 Thunderbird LX - sold
1988 Mercury Cougar XR-7 with GST kit - gone

Mustang Forums

Reply #18
Quote from: Tbird232ci;186342
Im a member of mustangforums.com, and there is an enormous amount of idiots on that forum.

I am going to have to agree with this. Although I mostly just browse on that site.
Quote from: Cad-T-Bird 500;189030
I did join this one and so far they seem like nice idiots.  I just stick to the 5.0 forum.

TED

Yeah, this is true as well. I tried telling them about their new idiot(previously banned from here) but they didn't listen me thinks.

Mustang Forums

Reply #19
The Corral was one of the first sites that I went to for engine tech - that was late in 1999 when I first got the Cougar :hick: Cool Cats & The Corral were my staples for info for several years. There used to be some real good folks there. There are some smart folks there now, but either they rarely post (Kim, Buddy) or they are a friggin' wacko (KatoEngineering). I know who to listen to for each type of tech (Engine, Suspension, Drivetrain etc...) but it's only because I have been posting there for years - it takes time to weed out the morons & wanna be's. I actually had someone banned once for being a moron troll there, though that rarely happens. The best days were when Ed Curtis and Jay would argue about heads (bigger is better?) or one of the 331 vs 347 posts where the idjuts try to argue about  they know nothing about.
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Mustang Forums

Reply #20
The best days were when Ed Curtis and Jay would argue about heads (bigger is better?) or one of the 331 vs 347 posts where the idjuts try to argue about  they know nothing about.

Jay's active on SBFtech.com as are Woody, Thumper and Joel.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Mustang Forums

Reply #21
I posted in the 5.0/5.8 section about my car and my engine build and everyone was helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly.  Helped me a lot.

Mustang Forums

Reply #22
In my experience, if you are looking for really good engine tech: SBFTECH.com has it hands down.  Advice you receive is NOT based on conjecture (as in: "I read it in a magazine so this is what you should do",or "my friends brother-in-laws cousin did that, so it should work...".  The info you get is based on experience.  No shooting from the lip.  Plus it's not just a "late model" Mustang site.  There are people with all kinds of Ford vehicles, including a contingent from Down Under.  It's great place to be educated on some often over looked aspects of engine building (the one's that make the difference between ending up with a turd or a screamer).  On SBFTECH it's OK to be ignorant, but stupidity gets flamed pretty quick.

For classifieds, I've found the Corral to be great!  I have bought quite a bit of stuff there, without a bad experience.  But the tech forums seem to have a lot of "arm chair" experts.

What's great out this site (Fox T-Bird-Cougars) is the "car specific" tech info is all hands on.  If you ask how to do something, someone who's done it will walk you through it.  The amount of incredibly detailed information that is available for our cars, here and Cool Cats, is a gold mine!  It's a great community, with little of the squabling I've seen in other places.