Skip to main content
Topic: Mustang Forums (Read 2264 times) previous topic - next topic

Mustang Forums

On another post I saw where someone posted a link to http://www.corral.net/ so I went over there to sign up.

First of all it was not all that easy to register, I got all kinds of notes about no spam and such.  And when I answered one of the the questions incorrect, it called me stupid.

So I got set-up and tried to post but I put a link in and it did not like that at all.  Also will not download pictures, have to be on the web already.

So does anybody know of a better Fox Mustang site that is friendly?  Or maybe there's such a mixed group of people that own Mustangs and this is not possible.

I'm starting a build on a 1988 Coupe and just trying to research a few things.

BTW, I really like this site; friendly people and easy to use.

TED

Mustang Forums

Reply #1
I've never been there, but I've heard that they're unfriendly to us other Fox-chassis folks...again, that's just what I hear, I could be, and I hope I am wrong.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Mustang Forums

Reply #2
These are the ones I generally go to... in order of frequency.

www.mustangforums.com
www.corral.net
www.stangnet.com
www.allfordmustangs.com

BTW, most boards now-a-days have restrictions on what you can do until you reach preset posting requirement to weed out spammers. Until spammers go away it is something that you will just have to live with.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Mustang Forums

Reply #3
I go to those as well.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Mustang Forums

Reply #5
I like to just read through the Lounge section of The Corral. Wow. There's some entertainment for ya right there!!!!! Plenty of drama too, I dunno about some of the members....
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Mustang Forums

Reply #6
Quote from: ZondaC12;186225
I like to just read through the Lounge section of The Corral. Wow. There's some entertainment for ya right there!!!!! Plenty of drama too, I dunno about some of the members....

X2 for the drama
I read corral all the time for info you just have to read threw the BS, arguing, and non-relating . I guess there’s just too many members. One thing ill give corral is there classifieds there awesome.

Mustang Forums

Reply #7
i used to go to stangnet.com back when i had my '91 mustang
some decent tech hidden in the archives there:D
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible

Mustang Forums

Reply #8
http://www.FordvsChevy.com
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Mustang Forums

Reply #9
The corral is the ultimate leader in engine tech.  Some amazingly knowledgeable people on there.
One 88

Mustang Forums

Reply #10
I've been on that board over a year now. Doesn't seem nearly as friendly as this board and http://www.460ford.com

Good tech tho. 2005  and later stangs are taking over it seems.
Alan Mackin--Semi Professional Ford der
83 T-Bird 460
83 T-Bird Heritage 5.0
84 T-Bird 5.0
86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe NHRA Stocker & Super Stocker
87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe
88 Bronco II Drag truck 302
95 Mustang GT auto
2004 F-350 CC Dually V-10

Mustang Forums

Reply #11
Im a member of mustangforums.com, and there is an enormous amount of idiots on that forum.
It's Gumby's fault.

Mustang Forums

Reply #12
Hello

I have been a member of corral.net for awile now and they have always treated me nicely.  They have help me find this fourm and many others.  They have helped me on my stang, t-bird and my other fords.  But like all fourms there is good apples and bad ones.

igiveup
86 ELAN t-bird all mustang parts (Sold)  I love this site.
85 bronco 2. Dura sparked (soon TBI) too many parts
1988 5.0 lx Stang (93 gt cobra mass air)
85 Honda 250sx trike
06 F150 tow rig. all kinds of goodies.(This is why I sold the Bird)
igiveup was the only name I could get. lol

Mustang Forums

Reply #13
Corral is very good and there is very good info there but I’m not on it enough to know who’s who. It just that’s there so many members and some bad info said that’s what starts the arguing. Some time its not just bad info but opinion over fact.
I still find it interesting and read it second to here.

Mustang Forums

Reply #14
Quote from: Tbird232ci;186342
Im a member of mustangforums.com, and there is an enormous amount of idiots on that forum.

I did join this one and so far they seem like nice idiots.  I just stick to the 5.0 forum.

TED