Skip to main content
Topic: Project: Fast-4-Cheap (Read 4996 times) previous topic - next topic

Project: Fast-4-Cheap

Reply #30
Quote from: 87tbirdmanjwg;188504
Good lord, nooo! a 351w can make the same power for close to the same price nowadays and be just as dependable!:mad:

Anything can be dependable when built right.But then again your comparing a 351 wich is 41 cu bigger then my motor.Lets compare the top 302 "based" motors here none of them can even get near what this motor (310 cu in) has ran.Only one on the list that is faster is a turbo 351w.

I live in a chevy town and absolutely hate the "chevy guy" mentality that a SBC is better than everything,.

If you knew me you would know my history ive been hardcore ford since i was 12,sometimes you have to open your horizons.

when I can nit-pick and find a few py design features of this 50+ yr. old design that everybody loves so much. SB fords deserve alot more respect!! Don't mind me, I'm just venting...

You can knit pick any 50+ year old motor.No need to vent
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #31
Oh God no...:screwy:
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #32
Do it! Screw the haters. I'm still trying to figure out how to get my AMC 401 and T5 into the 84. Not to mention we're putting an LS1/T56 into John's 88. I'd put a Buick Nailhead in one if I could find one!

Look at Ted's TC. It's an awesome car with great street manners and it goes 12's on a scarily-close-to-stock Caddy!

Reply #33
Looks good Aero. This is the same approach I am taking with my 85 with the eception of cross breading engines. :) I've got enough left over parts from Mustangs and one rowdy Nitrous kit to build a pretty quick 4 eyed bird.

Reply #34
how hard is it to put a LS1 in 87-88 T-bird???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #35
:locked: :flip: :nono: :confused: :crazy: :beatyoass: :D

sorry, I felt the urge to use smilies.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:

Project Thread with pics

Reply #36
I wanna see somebody put a V10 in an '88 Tbird...THAT would just be effin sick.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #37
About your idea.

Not funny ha ha, funny queer...

Project Thread with pics

Reply #38
OMG wait ppl lemme get my popcorn this is gonna be gooooood
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #39
Quote from: SLEEPER T-BIRD 87;188515
Anything can be dependable when built right.But then again your comparing a 351 wich is 41 cu bigger then my motor.Lets compare the top 302 "based" motors here none of them can even get near what this motor (310 cu in) has ran.Only one on the list that is faster is a turbo 351w.

If you knew me you would know my history ive been hardcore ford since i was 12,sometimes you have to open your horizons.

You can knit pick any 50+ year old motor.No need to vent

Ya, I know. I just like puting the correct brand engine with the correct brand car. I might build a GM car one day, but It would more than likely be a firebird...with a pontiac motor in it!
~1988 thunderbird~
In hibernation, waiting for spring.

Reply #40
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;188528
Do it! Screw the haters. I'm still trying to figure out how to get my AMC 401 and T5 into the 84. Not to mention we're putting an LS1/T56 into John's 88. I'd put a Buick Nailhead in one if I could find one!

Look at Ted's TC. It's an awesome car with great street manners and it goes 12's on a scarily-close-to-stock Caddy!

buy a mid seventies javelin for that 401! Or better yet, a hornet...
~1988 thunderbird~
In hibernation, waiting for spring.

Reply #41
Quote from: Carpimp1987;188534
how hard is it to put a LS1 in 87-88 T-bird???

Very, very, extremely, ridiculously easy. :evilgrin:

Reply #42
Quote from: 87tbirdmanjwg;188549
buy a mid seventies javelin for that 401! Or better yet, a hornet...

Have you priced either of those lately? AMC stuff is getting insanely expensive :(

The only non rust-buckets under $2500 the last few months have been a 70 Rebel SST 2-door and a 69 Ambassador 2-door, both of which weigh 3900 Lbs.

All the Spirit's/Eagle's/Hornet's are 4-doors, wagons, or 4WD SX/4 types. All the bubble fender Javelins are rusted or a mint to buy. Good luck even finding a 68-70 AMX or Javelin.

There's been a few Rambler's, and I may still go that route.

Reply #43
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;188571
Have you priced either of those lately? AMC stuff is getting insanely expensive :(

The only non rust-buckets under $2500 the last few months have been a 70 Rebel SST 2-door and a 69 Ambassador 2-door, both of which weigh 3900 Lbs.

All the Spirit's/Eagle's/Hornet's are 4-doors, wagons, or 4WD SX/4 types. All the bubble fender Javelins are rusted or a mint to buy. Good luck even finding a 68-70 AMX or Javelin.

There's been a few Rambler's, and I may still go that route.

, about a year ago, my buddy let a nice Hornet go to the syard. It had the 258 six and an auto, I wish I'd have bought it, and dropped the 360 out of my old J-10 in it.
That thing is a beast.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #44
Just remember the old adage: "Now matter how fast your car is there is always someone who has a faster car". ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.