Skip to main content
Topic: Darth Turbo (Read 6116 times) previous topic - next topic

Darth Turbo

Reply #15
Quote from: thunderjet302;185639
Nice Turbo Coupe:D

Just wondering but do the 245s mounted on the 17X9shiznit the fender on bumps?

Thunder,

No, I don't have any issues with clearance.  The fronts were VERY close to the ABS Sensor bracket and the Strut... but no issues. In the back with the 275s I was concerned about the Quad shocks but no worries there either.

If you decide to go this route tho, there are multiple offsets offered in aftermarket Cobra Rs.  The ones I have are 20mm.  I saw ranges from 15-24mm offered depending on who made them.
1988 Black Turbo Coupe
1989 Fiji Blue Chrysler Conquest
1990 Silver Lincoln LSC MKVII
2003 Black Mercury Marauder - S/C
1967 Green Ford Fairlane
:burnout:

Darth Turbo

Reply #16
Quote from: ArizonaTC;185654
Thunder,

No, I don't have any issues with clearance.  The fronts were VERY close to the ABS Sensor bracket and the Strut... but no issues. In the back with the 275s I was concerned about the Quad shocks but no worries there either.

If you decide to go this route tho, there are multiple offsets offered in aftermarket Cobra Rs.  The ones I have are 20mm.  I saw ranges from 15-24mm offered depending on who made them.

I'll have to measure and see what I can do. I'm just glad someone makes an offset that doesn't require, uh, fender mods ;) .

BTW that Fairlane is kick ass. The 66-67 Fairlane is one of my favorite all time cars. I like the 428 CJ swap :burnout: . Got any underhood pics of it?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Darth Turbo

Reply #17
I've gotten a little behind in my photo work... I've got some pics laying around of when I was putting the engine in the car.. but I don't think I have any of the dual quads.... another thing to do over the weekend.  :D

Allowing that there is always a little difference between even same model cars... I vouch for the OEM Concepts Cobra Rs.  They fit....

Heck if you were near me you could drive over and try 'em on.
1988 Black Turbo Coupe
1967 Green Ford Fairlane

Darth Turbo

Reply #18
I forgot to come back to this post, lol.  Very nice Fairlane and Marauder.  I love the new color...I just wish you would add a stripe like it came wtih.  I wish you could still buy hardtops that you can roll down the windows and have no b-pillar.
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Darth Turbo

Reply #19
Quote from: ArizonaTC;185651
Pictures of

Fairlane before paint.....(428CJ, Dual Quad, 5Spd, 4wh Disc, 3.70 rear)
Fairlane after paint... (I still haven't gotten all the trim back on the car but I am getting close... then the interior needs to be done)
Marauder at a local show in Tucson... (Yes it has the Trilogy S/C but not as hot a setup as the one that was racing the Ford GT)

You have a shagY Fairlane, thats one of my FAVORITE older ford cars.
Awesome marauder, bet that is a nice sleeper!
I see in your sig it says mark VII, I am interested in seeing pictures of that too!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Darth Turbo

Reply #20
Thanks lads....

SSX... I agonized over the "stripe" you refer to, which is actually metal trim.  Practically impossible to get and it would have taken quite a bit of effort to clean up those parts.  Also, I thought the car looked cleaner with it removed.  Since the parts and mounts were riveted onto the body, when I had the body work done I went past the point of no return on that decision.

I do have new 66 Fairlane wheel well trim that came in this week so I will have nice chrome accent in the wheel wells.  I will get some pics out when I get that done.

BOSS351 ... The Marauder is a nice sleeper.  First time I took it to the strip here it was a test and tune.  So I'm up against a late 80s, plow looking front end, Oldsmobile. (Cutlass I think)  He had all the stickers, slicks, etc. and came in on a trailer.  He got me badly out of the hole but on the big end I beat him.  He chased me down in the pits and came running over asking "What you got in that thing?"

I looked at him real innocently and said... "10 CDs in the changer and my fat ass.. why ?"
:dunno: :grinno:

Yes I have a MKVII.  Essentially stock (Catback exhaust and some Cobra R rims on it).  I have a S/C for it on a parts car I bought. The old KenneBelle 1.5 kit that they made for the Lincoln. Just haven't gotten around to getting it put on yet.  Managed to find the MKVII up in Pittsburgh area of all places. 34K original miles when I got it. Year later it just turned 40k on a trip this weekend to California.  Love the car.  I'd also like to put a 5 spd in it and I have some 3.73 gears for it.
1988 Black Turbo Coupe
1967 Green Ford Fairlane

Darth Turbo

Reply #21
that looks familar... are you on FvC??? I have a full 2 1/2 exhaust waiting to go in mine, CAI in it, u/d crank pulley waiting to go in, drilled rotors waiting to go on, and a modifyed power steering rack for tighter turns thats going in today. Wish mine was that nice, but mines gonna be my first car(I'm 16) so its better its not perfect. Im doing a 5 speed swap, and 3.73's next summer(money permitting). Glad to see a another nice one!
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Darth Turbo

Reply #22
Boss,

Yes I am on FvC...

16 Years old eh.. :bowdown:

When I was your age I had a 1961 Willy's Jeep station wagon. 
You got a lot of car there!

I'm originally out of MA. by the way.  Rhode Island was just down the road from Plymouth!
1988 Black Turbo Coupe
1967 Green Ford Fairlane

Darth Turbo

Reply #23
Ma huh?
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Darth Turbo

Reply #24
The pictures of the interior in Darth Turbo....
1988 Black Turbo Coupe
1967 Green Ford Fairlane

Darth Turbo

Reply #25
Some pictures of Darth Rauder's engine compartment.
1988 Black Turbo Coupe
1967 Green Ford Fairlane

Darth Turbo

Reply #26
I like the black/blue/aluminum engine compartment.

Darth Turbo

Reply #27
Quote from: ArizonaTC;186155
Boss,

Yes I am on FvC...

16 Years old eh.. :bowdown:

When I was your age I had a 1961 Willy's Jeep station wagon. 
You got a lot of car there!

I'm originally out of MA. by the way.  Rhode Island was just down the road from Plymouth!

I knew I knew that car.
Thanks man, I also have a 1966 mustang my dad gave me, with a warmed up 351w. I have been working on cars all my life, nothing but fords. Knew my first car had to be a v8, rear wheel drive. Saw the mark, and fell in love with the lines, and aggressive look, so i bought it for 540 not running, got it running within a week, now its just fix everything that was broken/rotted off, and get it on the road!
First day i had it running, floored it in drive, lit the tires up and i was hooked, man i can't wait to get it done!
my $300 beater ;)

Darth Turbo

Reply #28
What shape is the body on your Mark?
1988 Black Turbo Coupe
1967 Green Ford Fairlane

Darth Turbo

Reply #29
needs a trunk lid and front fenders pretty bad, some bubbles here and there, clear coat peal on hood, but not half bad. Then again its been painted from the trim down at some point so its hard to say. Its not great, but its all fixable
my $300 beater ;)