Skip to main content
Topic: Bird resurrected (Read 2240 times) previous topic - next topic

Bird resurrected

It's slowly coming back together after the paint job. Got the windows back in, and also installed the lights. Of course the tail lights fell apart while reinstalling 'em, so they've got to come back out. I've still got to install some small things that aren't painted yet (hood scoops, gas door, mirrors) but at least it's looking like a car again. More importantly, at least now I can move it out of the garage so I can use the garage for working on other things.

These pics illustrate my need for rear springs quite well too, I think. This thing's butt is WAY too high...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Bird resurrected

Reply #1
Lookin good there :D  And yes, your ....er the cars butt is a little high :hick:

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Bird resurrected

Reply #2
I have some rear lowering springs that I'm willing to part with.  Let me know if you're interested.

Also, are you going to leave the molding off the sides?  If so I think that would look good.
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Bird resurrected

Reply #3
holy 4x4!
other then that looks good!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Bird resurrected

Reply #4
Yeah you need to lower that thing. Also those wheels dont belong on that car. You need better wheels.
1985 Thunderbird TC
2.3l .03 over,Ported and polished Head and E6 Manifold, LA3, T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo, Stinger FMIC, Forge BOV, Full 3" Exhaust, Essy Timing Gears & UDP's, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, Kirban AFPR, Kirban Short Shifter, K&N Cone, Forced4 VC Vent Kit, PA Performance 3g Alternator, Energy Suspension Bushings throughout, CHE LCA's, SFC's [/LEFT]

Bird resurrected

Reply #5
It kinda has an unmarked cop car feel about it with the butt in the air like that
paint job looks great. did you fix the curtains on the side yet?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Bird resurrected

Reply #6
Lookin' good Carm, I was wondering if you'd stay with the white.
Makes it hard to decide if I wanna do mine in white if I ever get that far along with this one.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Bird resurrected

Reply #7
The car does look good.Nice work.You are replacing the wheels,right?Now if you don't mind,just drive down here and help me get mine finished.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Bird resurrected

Reply #8
Quote from: blu84302;184949
I have some rear lowering springs that I'm willing to part with.  Let me know if you're interested.

Also, are you going to leave the molding off the sides?  If so I think that would look good.

I'm gonna be installing 4 Mach 1 springs. The right front coil spring is broken, so might as well replace 'em all. Thanks for the offer though...

I am probably going to paint the molding white and reinstall it.

Quote from: chri85tc;184962
Yeah you need to lower that thing. Also those wheels dont belong on that car. You need better wheels.

I've got a set of snowflakes to install, but I've got to restore them first. The 10-holes are only on it so it can be moved around.

Quote from: daminc;184965
It kinda has an unmarked cop car feel about it with the butt in the air like that
paint job looks great. did you fix the curtains on the side yet?

Yes, I fixed the runs. I sanded 'em out and repainted the whole quarter panel.

Quote from: vinnietbird;185008
The car does look good.Nice work.You are replacing the wheels,right?Now if you don't mind,just drive down here and help me get mine finished.

Yeah, I'll get right on that :shakeass:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Bird resurrected

Reply #9
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;185013
I'm gonna be installing 4 Mach 1 springs. The right front coil spring is broken, so might as well replace 'em all. Thanks for the offer though...

I am probably going to paint the molding white and reinstall it.

I've got a set of snowflakes to install, but I've got to restore them first. The 10-holes are only on it so it can be moved around.

Yes, I fixed the runs. I sanded 'em out and repainted the whole quarter panel.

Yeah, I'll get right on that :shakeass:

While your at it, you can do my mustang and my mark! I'll let you i swear!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Bird resurrected

Reply #10
Painting cars aint difficult Mason lol. Looking good Carm! Once you get those springs in it will definetly look sick. Are you gonna polish the snowflakes or just reclear them? I think some nice sublte aftermarket wheels would set your car off!
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Bird resurrected

Reply #11
looks nice,  good work

Bird resurrected

Reply #12
Quote from: cougrrr302;185067
Painting cars aint difficult Mason lol. Looking good Carm! Once you get those springs in it will definetly look sick. Are you gonna polish the snowflakes or just reclear them? I think some nice sublte aftermarket wheels would set your car off!

I'm gonna paint 'em body colour. I think it'll be hawtness :hick:

Bird resurrected

Reply #13
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;185126
I'm gonna paint 'em body colour. I think it'll be hawtness :hick:

think ill like them more body color..... Polished lip though? just a thought
1986 Cougar LS

Bird resurrected

Reply #14
Nice paint and nice new fog lights where you get them. Every one see a high rear but I see potential for bigger tires:hick:  . Looking good all around:burnout: