Skip to main content
Topic: Milan Dragway 10-24-07 (Read 1589 times) previous topic - next topic

Milan Dragway 10-24-07

I have watched this site for some time, and it's predessor for years.  I finally have something to report.  I have attached a PDF file for the time slip.  If you unable to open it, it ran a 13.035 at 104.47, with a 1.941 sixty foot.  While not a Nubie to drag racing, the learning curve of how to get a stick shift car, with a handling supension down the track, without stalling, missing shifts, or hitting the rev limiter, was a humbling experience.  I was pleased to be able to put it all together on the last run.  It was a cool night, in the low 50's with a altitude density of 800'.
The combination is a 306, with '69 casting, ported by Power Heads, GT-40 intake, 1 5/8 Long Tubes, Jay Allen Camshaft, Z-spec T-5 and 3.73 gears.  The car has not been gutted, all accesories are in place and working.
The car is a dream to drive, thanks to Jay Allen.  I have taken the car on two Power Tours.  The last one it got 20.5 MPG over 1,800 miles, with a best of 24 MPG.
Enough bragging.  I have to credit this site and Eric's Cool Cat's for posting the information necessary to complete the modifications and enhancements to the car over the past 7 years.  Without it, the car would not be anywhere close to it's current configuration.  I have a number of pictures I would like to share, if anyone knows how to downsize them, to get them to post, please let me know.

Milan Dragway 10-24-07

Reply #1
Welcome! Nice Bird, but you have to give us some pics and specs to drool over ;)

I added you to our Top 25 ET List BTW.

Milan Dragway 10-24-07

Reply #2
Thanks Mike.  I bought the body side moulding trim tape from your earlier this year (which worked great!).  I do have pictures, but they are far too large for this format.  If you know how to resize them, let me know, or I could E-mail them to you and try your hand at posting them.
I originally purchased the car with the intent to part it out, but discovered it was incredibly solid under some rust scale.  It was a base Bird, with the S/O 5.0 and a rod knock.  Typical grandpa car.  I disassembled the car down to the shell.  The body is stock, but the only orginal mechanical parts on it are the a/c compressor and the blower fan.  The interior is '88 Turbo Coupe/Raven (this includes the sterring column).  I have done many interior mod's on the Cool Cat's site (buttstuffog instrument cluster, w/ 4 cyl tach converted to 8 cyl, 200 KPH Speedo converted to read miles on the odometer, Trip Minder, Taurus heater controls and cup holder).  Brakes are disc 87/88 Turbo Coupe, front and rear.  They have been upgraded with pads from Maximum Motor Sports, braided steel lines, MkV11 front calipers and Crager's cryo drilled/slotted brake rotors.  Sub frames, strut tower brake and k-member brace.  Rear lower control arms from Maximum Motor sports. Sway bars, 87/88 Turbo Coupe.  15:1 steering rack.  Lowering springs from Eibach (I think they were the last set Summit had).  3G alternator, 3 core radiator, dual electric fans.  It was painted 5 years ago, the original Reggata Blue, with a base/clear.  Of course there were many itterations of the car, prior to it's current configuration (Fuel Inj to Carb to Fuel Inj), 8.8 w/drums to disc, three different engines, couple transmissions and clutches.  It's been a great project (thankfully not a daily driver).  Thanks for the interest.

Milan Dragway 10-24-07

Reply #3
Man that sounds like a sweet ride! Glad you liked the trim BTW. Email the pics and I'll post them up.

Milan Dragway 10-24-07

Reply #4
Thanks Mike, I will send some off to you.  I appreciate it.