Skip to main content
Topic: I may heve to rob a bank.... (Read 2387 times) previous topic - next topic

I may heve to rob a bank....

Reply #1
Ahh screw it V8s should be WAY bigger than that. :D :shakeass:

No. Actually I'll leave that as is and see what reactions I get.:evilgrin: :flip:

But seriously I really dont much care for a tiny V8 at 10 kajillion rpm, somehow it doesnt do ANYWHERE near the same thing a 572 at like 4000, full load does for me. Nice lookin tho.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #2
270bhp out of a production 3.2L N/A V-8 in a car that wieghed barely 2800lbs ain't nothin' to sniff at. It took Ford another 1800cc to get 225.

Also consider the fact that Ferrari's are not made for the drag strip but roads. Braking, cornering and the transitions between the three are far more important than outright horsepower. You can have 600HP but if you can't put 2/3 of it to the road at the apex and add throttle to accelerate out controllably it's useless. That is where you find Ferrari's perfection.

Reply #3
MAYHEM- If you buy that car you might forget going out ever again to eat breakfast, lunch or dinner. lol  HAHAHA!!!!!  ;)

Reply #4

Buying is the easy part.  Maintenance probably isn't cheap.
"lol.. because not too many people care for that style of car"
[size=-2]Click on paw print \/[/size]

Reply #5
If we are talking bank robbing for a Ferrari of this style, give me a 288 GTO over a 328 GTS anyday.  Down in displacement...way up in power and rarity (only 277 produced, ~400HP out of a 2.8 V8 twin turbo)
2000 Jaguar XK8 Convertible - 4.0L DOHC V8 (AJ27)
2018 Ford Explorer - 3.5L DOHC V6 (Duratec 35)
1999 Mercury Grand Marquis - 4.6L SOHC V8 (Modular)
1987 Mercury Cougar LS - 5.0L V8 (Windsor) [SOLD in 2009]

Reply #6
maintenance sucks.
i knew a guy that paid a couple grand, just for a tune-up on one.---Every year!---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #7
i like it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #8
He ended up selling it on e-bay and than bought a fully loaded every option f-250
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #9
Quote from: SSX;184229
If we are talking bank robbing for a Ferrari of this style, give me a 288 GTO over a 328 GTS anyday. Down in displacement...way up in power and rarity (only 277 produced, ~400HP out of a 2.8 V8 twin turbo)

Also WAY up in price. For a 288GTO I'd  near have to rob the treasury. The GTO is one of my favorites but not even idealisticly in my pricerange.

But I'd be willing to bet you can't find a better performing production car for $40,000.

Reply #10
Quote from: Cougars 2 go;184226
Buying is the easy part. Maintenance probably isn't cheap.

No it isn't. Ferrari was using solid bronze bushings in their suspensions back then. (Racing technology) Great for handling and feedback, poor for comfort and servicability. (they need to be replaced around 10k mi. @$2500 for the job)

Reply #11
Quote from: *MAYHEM*;184238
No it isn't. Ferrari was using solid bronze bushings in their suspensions back then. (Racing technology) Great for handling and feedback, poor for comfort and servicability. (they need to be replaced around 10k mi. @$2500 for the job)

now that you said that  the bushings maintenance sounds familiar. Its been a number of years. must have been part of my friends tune up. as he put it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook

Reply #12
A guy around town here has one of those.  Its bright red though. Nice sounding car.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #13
If i was gonna rob a bank it would still be a ford powered car. Its nice but i would not break any law to own that Ferrari when there are nicer cars like this one around.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Reply #14
My boss, in 1987, tried to sell me his low mileage red 308GTB. Cheap. Maintainance costs nixed it for me, and I bought my black '87 Sport. He sold it the week before Enzo died, and saw it for sale again at double the price a month later.