Skip to main content
Topic: More leather work 10/27 w/new pic! (Read 2592 times) previous topic - next topic

More leather work 10/27 w/new pic!

Well you guys know that I've been working on making leather interior items. So yesterday I pulled the center armrest and did some work.

Here we go.

Gonna start on both door arm rest.

Also in the 2nd pic you can see the padding that I bought for my steering wheel.  It needs something.

This is with a test fit of the new cover.  Needs the padding.

I think they are looking good. What do you guys think? Once again I could do this for people but with the armrest you would have to send me the parts to cover.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #2
Yeah way to save some $$$$$ in a way most cant!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #3
That is all hand work on the arm rest. The stitching that you see is hand done be me. I'm getting there. Still working on the making emblems for the shifter boot.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #4
When you're finished,you can upgrade my car.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

I've got two shift s patiently(?) waiting ...

Reply #5
How much are you charging for your work?  Console lid, arm rest, ,  and anything else.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #6
Impressive.....most impressive !!

Brent
:cougarsmily:
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Reply #7
Quote from: t3skidoo;184141
How much are you charging for your work?  Console lid, arm rest, ,  and anything else.

Ipsd do I see some advertising in the vendor section soon.

Reply #8
IPSD great work. Not many people can do the kind of work you are doing now. Most upholstery work done now is done with pre made kits. I learned the old school way from my dad and truly admire your work.

Reply #9
Quote from: BCA;184142
Impressive.....most impressive !!

Indeed, sir. Very, very nice work.
I look forward to what you have planned.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #10
Sweet. You should start a business ;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #11
Thanks Guys. I haven't got any prices yet. As for the shift  I haven't even started on that yet. I'll get some more pics up as I get things done.
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #12
you do a great job. i see lots of money for you, cause our consoles lids take alot of abuse. maybe like $50.00 plus shipping and handling to you. maybe just a thought.  .....:bowdown:  your the man...:bowdown:

Reply #13
More work to show a pic of. I need to do the stitching but that is it for this piece. Here is a before and after. Shot.

Then here is one covered
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #14
steering wheel covers! i have my own version on my car right now.... i like to call it ET Wrapped or Electical Tape wrapped
1986 Cougar LS