Skip to main content
Topic: Bye Bye Crown Vic (Read 2254 times) previous topic - next topic

Bye Bye Crown Vic

Reply #15
We have a Grand Marquee at work.  Its lame.  The dash looks like it did 14 years ago.  Nothing special about the car at all.  I'm glad Ford is opening up a hole in its product line.
One 88

Bye Bye Crown Vic

Reply #16
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;183991
You'll hear a few howls of protest from a few "die-hard" fans, but most of those "fans" bought their C/V's secondhand at police auctions...

That reminds me of Ed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bye Bye Crown Vic

Reply #17
Quote from:

Besides, with the old Panther finally being put down it opens up a hole in Ford's model line - a hole that would be nicely filled by
the Falcon or some other form of modern, unibody RWD car...[/QUOTE

Bring back the falcon! Unibody Rwd with a I6 or v8 2 or 4 doors?? I would buy one tomorrow 2door I6 and if avilable a manual would do nice... Keep the ol falcon grille style and those old round tail lights cant be forotten
Current-
87 Cougar
88 Crown Vic LTD
84 Yamaha Xt600

previous cars -
1990 Dodge Daytona -
1990 Geo Prizm -
1987 Honda Accord - 140mph wonder? Rally ready..... K.I.A. at WOT due to massive head failure. Still had the best paint-job EVER...
1998 Suzuki Sidekick 4D -
1969 Falcon Futura w/ Sports Coupe option (now go try and find that? And if you do tell me where it is!!)

The Cougar will never be for sale, Only up for trade on a 68,69 Falcon 2D.

Bye Bye Crown Vic

Reply #18
i got the feeling that if ford does replace it they will likely use a fwd/awd platform for it like everyone else, no one really makes a "full size" car anymore:shakeass:
"Beating the hell out of other peoples cars since 1999"
1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage
1984 Ford Mustang GT Turbo Convertible
2015 Ford Focus SE 1.0 EcoBoost

Bye Bye Crown Vic

Reply #19
Since i started driving those cars day by day are more easy to pick out in traffic i will miss them because not matter what kind of cop it is you can pick out the car within  a few secs.

Screw it i still want a blue and black 2 tone twin turbo P71 crown vic car with 600-900RWHP.

They did not need to stop making them just cut down how many are made per year.

Also was there talk sometime back about remaking the cougar for 2009+???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Carpimp1987
1987 T-Bird AEROBIRD-GT had many many mods but is now totaled and is the car that made me want to start customizing everything all over again.
1988 T-Bird 5.0 HO DD/Sleeper/next project car :birdsmily:
1988 Cougar XR7 5.0 HO Vortech Supercharged being bulit right now :cougarsmily:

Bye Bye Crown Vic

Reply #20
Couple of Falcon's at the proving grounds the other day...  I was allowed no info.  LOL!
1988 Turbo Coupe

Coming soon to NMRA Drag Radial... :burnout:

Bye Bye Crown Vic

Reply #21
They did not need to stop making them just cut down how many are made per year.

Not really feasible for a corporation that is hemorrhaging cash....
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!