Skip to main content
Topic: It's raining Baxo - Skydiving pics and vids (Read 2078 times) previous topic - next topic

It's raining Baxo - Skydiving pics and vids

So after weeks of trying bad weekends we finally had a good day here Yesterday and I went for my Second Tandem Skydive. This was more amazing then the first as I was more aware of what was going around me here are some pictures:

(possible outcome)

(I'm the one with the hat)

(no explanation needed)

(The height we jumped from, 13,500 feet)

Below are videos taken by my buddy Eugene (was his first jump), who strapped a helmet cam to his leg (only place they allowed it where it wouldn't interfere with the instructor):

us on the plane before/during take off (i'm the one wearing the crazy hat ;)):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_H2aIKLONc

on the plane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzvy1JMI4Cs

Eugene's exit and freefall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mr1SIzBTCg

Eugene's canopy opened, first half of the descend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7jQG4RWchQ

last bit of Eugene's descend and landing. the guys running towards us at the end are ground crew that collapse the chute so we don't get dragged away by the wind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgMzGPcgjK4

Unfortunatly due to the weather they are now closing for the season but next summer I will complete my training and become a licensed skydiver!

Reply #1
Very cool !

That is on my "to do" list sometime in my lifetime.

If you can describe it; what is the feeling as soon as you leave the plane? Is it similar to the feeling you get as you go down the first hill on a roller coaster?

Brent
:cougarsmily:
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Reply #2
You sir, have done something I have always wanted to!  That was cool!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #3
Quote from: BCA;183876
Very cool !

That is on my "to do" list sometime in my lifetime.

If you can describe it; what is the feeling as soon as you leave the plane? Is it similar to the feeling you get as you go down the first hill on a roller coaster?

Brent

Not at all.. there is no feeling like that whatsoever. The only feeling you get is a gust of wind in your face and a mouth full of wind if you look down while smiling ;)

And another thing too which you can kinda tell by the video is that when the parachute opens, it's totally quiet. it is amazing!

Quote from: V8Demon;183879
You sir, have done something I have always wanted to! That was cool!

Twice now :) and a LOT more times in the future.

Reply #4
 I've go to try that. You are one lucky SOB;)
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #5
Quote from: baxo;183882
Not at all.. there is no feeling like that whatsoever. The only feeling you get is a gust of wind in your face and a mouth full of wind if you look down while smiling ;)

And another thing too which you can kinda tell by the video is that when the parachute opens, it's totally quiet. it is amazing!

Interesting, I wouldn't have expected that.

I have heard that it's eerily quiet after the chute opens though.

Brent
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Reply #6
cool, One day I will try that...

Hey I have a chute for sale if you want it!

Used once, but never been opened....  ;)

Reply #7
There is NO friggin' way I'd jump out of a perfectly good airplane.Period.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #8
That's what I said, hell even up until this summer, I haven't even been on a roller coaster. I rode the coasters for the first time, and 3 weeks later I was jumping out of a plane haha..

Reply #9
Quote from: V8Demon;183879
You sir, have done something I have always wanted to!  That was cool!

X2
Quote from: thunderjet302;183884
I've go to try that. You are one lucky SOB;)

X2
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;183909
cool, One day I will try that...

Hey I have a chute for sale if you want it!

Used once, but never been opened....  ;)

funny

It's raining Baxos

Reply #10
Two snaps up!

Reply #11
Quote from: JeremyB;183941
Two snaps up!

Roffle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #12
Oh man do I miss doing that. I remember my first jump...I was scared sh*#less!. Of course that was when I was with the 82nd and much much lower altitude. Hey Baxo, how much time do you spend in the air? For me it was only like a minute and a half. Definately way cool nonetheless.:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]http://www.fquick.com/slicksport88
88 Sport - 5.0HO, Mass Air, A9L, 73mm C&L meter, BBK CAI, 255 lph pump, 1.7 roller rockers,Professional Products damper, Chuck W motor mounts, BBK shorties & H-pipe, Flowmaster 40 series, 8.8 rear w/3.27's, 93 Cobra M/C, BAER 13in. drilled/slotted rotors front and back, cobra calipers, Russell braided brake lines front & back, C/C plates, 03cobra rims, 255/40/17 Nitto 555's all around

Reply #13
I'm with Vinnie - if it's got a 50/50 shot of staying in one piece till it hits the ground I'm staying in...

Reply #14
Quote from: slicksport88;183945
Hey Baxo, how much time do you spend in the air? :D

About 1 minute freefall and about 6 minutes parachuting.