Skip to main content
Topic: Australian differential cover.... (Read 1236 times) previous topic - next topic

Australian differential cover....

Here's the cover I got off Ebay.I thought it was aluminum when I bought it,but it's solid steel.I like it though.It was actually made for rock climbing vehicles.I have to paint the rear,but this is a shot from when I was assembling the rear.Remember Chuck?LOL.The eccess sealant is gone.That was seconds after tightening the bolts.

'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #1
Cool.

Reply #2
Better than cool.........CHEAP !!! I got it (brand new in the box) for just a few dollars.I didn't have a cover at all,and,like I said,wanted an aluminum cover,but for less than $10.00,I can live with it.Looks aren't that important.Unless you crawl under the car,you can barely see it anyway.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #3
The rear mount fill plug is a nice touch. That'll be a lot easier to get to than the factory plug.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #4
Quote from: 5.0 bird;183723
The rear mount fill plug is a nice touch. That'll be a lot easier to get to than the factory plug.

True. You should have tapped a drain plug in there!

Reply #5
Excellent find!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #6
Thanks guys.No drain plug.Considering how seldom one changes the diff. fluid (mine is new),replacing the cover seal is no big deal.