Skip to main content
Topic: Website Help? (Read 3388 times) previous topic - next topic

Website Help?

Well, It happened again...
I started to make a site to dospoogeent my progress with my Thunderbird project... And got overwhelmed with the coding for the layout.

This has happened twice before, I'm just not good with scripting/coding...

I figure it's about time i ask for some assistance in making a layout, I have the layout i want planned out and everything in my head... I just can't code it or get it to function properly. :punchballs:

It's really frustrating, I just want to be able to have a nice looking web page for you guys and anyone interested to take a look at, And for me to update when i make progress on my project.

If anyone could help me out, It would be insanely appreciated.
I'm great at following instructions, But, Like i said, I suck at coding/scripting...
I can give you access to the host/account i'm using, and the progress i have so far, And you can do whatever you need to do, Or just let me know what you need.

Heres a py blueprint i made of the basic layout i was going for, I actually basicly almost have it working... But it has qwuirks between browsers and i have no idea how to fix them at this point...

And heres the host/site im using:
http://aesthetikz.topcities.com/index.html

Theres gotta be some elite website knowledge out there in some of you. :hick:
Please help!
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Website Help?

Reply #1
What program are you using to create the site? Or are you trying to hard code all the html in a text dospoogeent?

Website Help?

Reply #2
Quote from: 5.0willgo;183143
What program are you using to create the site? Or are you trying to hard code all the html in a text dospoogeent?

text dospoogeent :crazy:
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~

Website Help?

Reply #3
Haha, okay.
Try this website http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp.
Not only does it give you the proper coding, but if you click on the links under examples in each section, it takes you to a try it editor where you can immediately test your scripting. The editor is here.
I found this site to be a great resource in straight coding.

Give it a shot and see how you do. I'll try to help with any input I can give you but I can say that I don't know that much about it yet. I'm working primarily in Dreamweaver.

Website Help?

Reply #4
Look into 1 Site software. I think http://www.1site.info.com I used them and it's very easy no coding. Made two web sites in about a day.

Website Help?

Reply #5
Or if u want a professional site made for your car where u never have to know coding contact me,  <---- website designer/ coder.

Dreamweaver is not the right program to use for advance coding...
 NotePadd++ With hard hand coding is the best way to create a great site :D
.: Lastest :.

Website Help?

Reply #6
Really i just need the base layout made, I know enough about coding and can learn from there about adding the content.
I'm just stuck on the page layout.

I'll check out the above mentioned programs, Thanks.
And yea.. I know what you mean crusher, I'm not anywhere near good at hard coding... But the last time i tried an html program it was conflicting with my coding.

I dunno... i'll keep at it i guess, I didnt really want to go into anything that costs money right now, As i don't have paypal ATM, And i'm saving for some parts/tools. :punchballs:
I may just need to keep a text journal for now or something, Heh. :hick:

Website Help?

Reply #7
basicly u could get away using all html..

1 Make 1 main table for the round border
2 then inside make a logo table
3 Then add under your logo table your links
4 same as your content
5 and then finally your footer

If u wanna go at a easy way at it...
.: Lastest :.

Website Help?

Reply #8
I'll give that a try...

Really though, I basicly have the layout made~Good enough for me at least... It doesn't need to be perfect.
It's just not up to par with multi browser support IE/Firefox, And im not being able/unsure of how to fix the display problems.

I've tried some tools that look through your coding and check for cross browser errors or whatever, And tried to fix them... But it just seems like fixes anything, more errors pop on the next check, or i screw something up worse.

I'm pretty stuck, I'm almost there... But cross browser support and my coding? are keeping me from finnishing and i'm kind of lost on it.

Website Help?

Reply #9
I'm just trying again with the same concept i had before, And see if i can work out any bugs or find any mistakes i made before.

Right now im trying to figure out why the text/fonts show up different sizes between IE and Firefox, Then i need to get my layout inside this big black box.
http://aesthetikz.topcities.com/index0.html

hmm,
Running into some troubles...
I'm having vertical  spacing issues with my divs, I assume it would help if i was able to keep them inside the outer wrapper (Parent the the children divs, So they can't expand any further than the wrapper and such) But i'm still trying to figure out how to do that.
My vertical Font spacing in the divs seems off as well...

The font size differences between browsers is still bugging me.

And i wanted to use iframes for my content, So you could click my links and it would load in the middle div... But now with the use of a photo background it's looking screwey, And apparently you can't change it from the base page background? (I'm Hearing bad things of iframes...)

I'll keep playing with it, But it seems better now. :-)

Website Help?

Reply #10
If you just want to do a picture site with limited text, I use a free program. they even give you limited hosting space.
click the link on my post.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Website Help?

Reply #11
Check Out http://www.1site.info/index.htm
Very easy to learn I did my basic site http://www.kmhracing.com in about 2 hours. Very easy to edit/ add pics, text, links, ect. No need to mess with HTML unless you have some time to learn it. I started to Learn HTML and it helps but This is a good why to start a basic site. Worth the $90