Skip to main content
Topic: It is done....... (Read 1730 times) previous topic - next topic

It is done.......

Well, the Thunderbird is gone.  I traded in my Nissan Titan in and also the Bird. They gave me more than I thought they would. 7000 for the Bird and 20,000 for the Titan.  The replacement is a 2005 Chevy(I know I know) Suburban. Good for the family. I don't know why I am posting this, just been looking at the now empty space in the garage and feeling empty. Guess I just thought that you guys n gals would understand when you let something go that means as much as these cars can to a person. I will post pictures up the new Burb tomorrow when lighting is good.

On the bright side, I now can focus more attention on the Cougar.:hick:  Anyways, enough rambling......

1984 Ford Thunderbird, hopefully she finds a good new owner and will  carry on in all her journeys. Later

Brian

It is done.......

Reply #1
Working at a dealership I love seeing Older super clean cars in the special parking spots for the better used cars.

I like the Tahoe's a lot better.  Something about the new ones.  They look really mean.
One 88

It is done.......

Reply #2
Hope its a diesel or something... 15 mpg isnt so nice these days.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

It is done.......

Reply #3
:bowdown: atairman- 1Thunderbird=7,000 1Nissan Titan=20,000
                  1Suburban= priceless

It is done.......

Reply #4
sorry to hear of your loss. I bet the lot boy is going to have fun
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

It is done.......

Reply #5
Sorry to hear the Bird is gone.

At least you have another 4-eye to keep you company.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

It is done.......

Reply #6
Yeah , I have to keep telling myself that. I didn't think it would be anything to get rid of it. But when the time came it was worse than putting a dog you have had for 13 years to sleep. Time for change. And the as mileage thing, yeah, I know , thats why I drive the Cougar:D

It is done.......

Reply #7
Hey now, at least you still got my 5.0 4 eye nearby!  :burnout:

I can't wait to get my XR7 though... :hick:

The Eclipse is on the way out too...
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

It is done.......

Reply #8
Let me know if you want to go out there this weekend, I wills ee what I can do.

It is done.......

Reply #9
WTF for a Spereminite now way I'd give up my Bird! if that is what you want I guess it is for the best. Sorry for your loss. We will miss you. Later
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

It is done.......

Reply #10
Quote from: ipsd;182925
WTF for a Spereminite now way I'd give up my Bird! if that is what you want I guess it is for the best. Sorry for your loss. We will miss you. Later
Dumbass he has two Fox cars.

Neither has 5 lug snowflakes either ;)
One 88

It is done.......

Reply #11
Hell, I wouldn't leave the site if I didn't have another fox. I'd like to think that I have friends here.....I also enjoy reading the posts on here. Sometimes the things people say make me burst out laughing!
Brian

It is done.......

Reply #12
! They sold the car already just today! One of the owners came in and drove it home! He must have some taste or something.

It is done.......

Reply #13
I wanna cry. That car was the shiznit!! Hope he takes care of it! Theres only so many SWEET ones out there! Like demented2.3's old one that got wreaked.
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

It is done.......

Reply #14
Quote from: atariman;183039
! They sold the car already just today! One of the owners came in and drove it home! He must have some taste or something.

:/

If I see it around town I will let you know. If I see it being mistreated we can always play Grand Theft Auto Colorado Springs :evilgrin:
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)