Skip to main content
Topic: Look projector lights for the four eyes! (Read 2191 times) previous topic - next topic

Look projector lights for the four eyes!

I was browsing around E-bay and found these. If you want projector lights these look like they might work.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H4-4X6-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-BULB-81-86-FORD-THUNDERBIRD_W0QQitemZ290170056502QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33710QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #1
Great. Now if only they had them for the MN-12 Cougars...
It's always fun until someone loses an eye. then it's fun ya can't see.

-James Hetfield back when metallica was still making good music.

Reply #2
they don't look too bad.  i'd like to see them installed.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Reply #4
Naw, I just have the diamond-cut style H4's, no projectors. I like the light output from mine. I agree, would like to see what these look like at night and how they perform.

Reply #5
There's nothing to keep the light going through the projectors to stay on the road...I can only see glare coming from the "projector" part and who knows how the reflector portion would perform.
1988 Thunderbird Sport

Reply #6
I wouls assume that the black center one is the low beam and that the clear center one is the high. I wouldn't mind seeing those installed as well. Soooo who's going to be the guinea pig ????

John

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Reply #7
Quote from: 1BadBird;182581
I wouls assume that the black center one is the low beam and that the clear center one is the high. I wouldn't mind seeing those installed as well. Soooo who's going to be the guinea pig ????

John

GUESS I WILL....  MAYBIE...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #9
Quote from: 1BadBird;182581
I wouls assume that the black center one is the low beam and that the clear center one is the high.

They're the same, it's just the angle the picture was taken at that makes them look different.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #10
I assume they would use the same harness for the H4 Conversion, as they are H4 Projectors? If I had the money I would be on that right now. Just looking, Imagine a "Dot" or Circle in the middle of the lights on a Four Eye, and thats what it would look like. Night viewing, and actual light pattern/area, thats what would have to be tested. Hmm Im liking the idea of it though.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #11
Ok, so its a quick on paint, but gives you the idea. I kinda like it. Makes the Four eyes stand out more.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #12
if i were to get them i would personally only do the projectors for the low beams, then for the high beams i'd get the diamond cut ones like eric has on his convertible.

Reply #13
I am not sure that those would give the true projection style of light. Real projector headlights sit back from the actual projection unit, and are focused before they reach the "eye". Plus they have cutoff shields in them to keep any light from going too high and blinding oncoming drivers.

Those "H4 projectors" appear to be nothing more than the standard clear diamond H4 with a magnifier attached to it. IMHO the magnifier is just going to create a bright spot and blind oncoming drivers. Also, the "projector" part isn't sealed so most of the light isn't even going to go through it, it will go around the side and act just like a standard clear diamond H4. However even with believing everything I just said to be true I still wouldn't mind having a set of these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/79-80-82-84-85-86-MUSTANG-4X6-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-BLK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33582QQihZ014QQitemZ330179754390QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I think they would look very slick on my car.