Skip to main content
Topic: WARNING! Harbor Freight fuse recall (Read 1855 times) previous topic - next topic

WARNING! Harbor Freight fuse recall

Reply #1
I burnt up a car about 2 years ago using dollar store fuses.  I had a short in my trunk light, I left the lid up to carry something into the house and when I got back the dash was on fire.  Broke the windshield also.  It was a $500 car so I let it go but it did kind of tick me off.  :flame:

TED

Reply #2
My dad buys everything he can there... and its all cheap china junk.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #3
Everything you buy at Harbor Freight turns into a hammer within two years.

Reply #4
that has been happening alot from china. toys that are poison, fuses that burns cars. when are we going to learn?

Reply #5
i've bought 3 engine stands and an engine hoist from there... nothing more.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Reply #6
so have i. i'll prolly get cancer pretty soon from them too.

Reply #7
Quote from: turboranger91;182069
i've bought 3 engine stands and an engine hoist from there... nothing more.

I got one of their engine stands and I ended up given it away.  They are at a 90 degree angle before you put the engine on and then after you put the engine on they go down hill.  Especially with a 500 Cadillac on it.  I did not feel safe.

Only thing I got from them I like is end wrenches (not much can go wrong here) and the 4 inch grinder.  The grinder will burn up in no time but for the price it's still a good deal.

TED

Reply #8
Quote from: Cad-T-Bird 500;182075
I got one of their engine stands and I ended up given it away.  They are at a 90 degree angle before you put the engine on and then after you put the engine on they go down hill.  Especially with a 500 Cadillac on it.  I did not feel safe.

Only thing I got from them I like is end wrenches (not much can go wrong here) and the 4 inch grinder.  The grinder will burn up in no time but for the price it's still a good deal.

TED

Yeah, they even give you extra brushes and springs with the grinders and buffers. They know too well that they don't last.

Reply #9

Hahahaha, reading that made me chuckle a bit for some reason.

My 351c has been sitting on one of their engine stands now for well over a year. Its just a block and crank though. I could see that stand  tacoing under the weight of a big block though.
93 Festiva L, 193k miles, BP+T/G25MR swap, T3 50trim .48/.42, SRT FMIC, Capri electronics/Rocketchip, 2.5" exhaust
bests: ET 12.86, MPH 110.25, 1.92 short
02 Subaru Impreza WRX, 129k miles
97 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, 236k miles

Reply #10

TED

lol.  i'm not sure what the weight capacity on one is, but all i build is 2.3's... it holds them just fine.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Reply #11
I bought one of their butane torches for soldering and it has been really good, but I also bought one of their gas siphon pumps and the gas dissolved it.
1988 Thunderbird
306 HO w/ A9P processor
AOD w/ Transgo Reprogrammer
Full Digital Dash w/ twin Cyberdyne A-pillar gauges 
245/50/16 Tires on Snowflakes
Engine swap - CA smog compliant

Reply #12
I broke a lot of that Harbor Freight stuff, I use it like a candy wrapper.

Does the job once then you throw it away. No clutter in the Garage after a Job :)
1985 Thunderbird TC
2.3l .03 over,Ported and polished Head and E6 Manifold, LA3, T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo, Stinger FMIC, Forge BOV, Full 3" Exhaust, Essy Timing Gears & UDP's, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, Kirban AFPR, Kirban Short Shifter, K&N Cone, Forced4 VC Vent Kit, PA Performance 3g Alternator, Energy Suspension Bushings throughout, CHE LCA's, SFC's [/LEFT]