Skip to main content
Topic: At long last: Front bumper trim restoration! (Read 1282 times) previous topic - next topic

At long last: Front bumper trim restoration!

I FINALLY got absolutely sick and tired of looking at that stupid yellow plastic. Lots of newspaper, tape, and of course the same Krylon Black Epoxy Enamel that came out so well on that other eyesore-reducing project :hick:

SWEET MERCY!!!!! I almost fell apart when I ripped off the masking. Whole different car I swear.

Once again before: (picked a GOOD picture with the whitewalls to make it even more painful just like a good political ad :D :giggle:

and after!!!!

1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #1
Nice work! It's always the small things that make a difference.
I did the exact same thing on my '86, but I gave all of the window trim the same treatment.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #2
Me loves Krylon Black. :D

Reply #3
Nice work....looks like new!
1988 Thunderbird
306 HO w/ A9P processor
AOD w/ Transgo Reprogrammer
Full Digital Dash w/ twin Cyberdyne A-pillar gauges 
245/50/16 Tires on Snowflakes
Engine swap - CA smog compliant

Reply #4
Quote from: *MAYHEM*;181381
Me loves Krylon Black. :D

Yep, me too.  I did that when I first got my car.  It looked horrible before I did it, and looks a lot better now.

Reply #5
Quote from: Sduneman3;181426
Yep, me too. I did that when I first got my car. It looked horrible before I did it, and looks a lot better now.

I've used it to redo the window trim on two differrent cats. Always looks good.

Reply #6
ZondaC12, could you explain a bit further how you did it? Did you remove all the black before applying the black stuff? Did you prepare the yellow areas?

Reply #7
Looks good.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird