Skip to main content
Topic: my new 85 cougar (Read 3943 times) previous topic - next topic

my new 85 cougar

Reply #15
it looks to be after market it opens fine but when i push the button to close it makes a grinding noise. so i push it closed by hand.

my new 85 cougar

Reply #16
I guess I'm wrong about seeing it.. maybe its on coolcats from the previous owner.  You are close to youngstown!  Looks like you will be at Cat Jam next year.
One 88

my new 85 cougar

Reply #17
yeah i'll be there my son is already bugging me to take him next year.
i ordered him some chrome valve covers, cap & rotor and some good plug wires. over the winter we will do alot to it my cousin owns a auto shop i buy the parts and he puts them on for free. my son is talking about a stroker motor and maybe a blower i told him i am not paying for that he can if he wants to.,,lol

the airhat that came with the car had 2 snorkels, and the valve covers that are on the car now
i have no use for once the chrome ones come in if anybody can use them you can have them let me know.

my new 85 cougar

Reply #18
Welcome to the site.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

my new 85 cougar

Reply #19
Welcome.Cool car.He'll enjoy it.Good looking engine as well.I have an identical set of wheels in the garage that came with my Sport when I bought it.I need to give them a new home.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

my new 85 cougar

Reply #20
NICE!! Lucky son you have! Your like my dad, but I get my dads old 66 stang.
Hope he takes care of it, it looks like its in really good shape
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

my new 85 cougar

Reply #21
Looks like a good Fox to start in... Welcome aboard!

my new 85 cougar

Reply #22
I'm in medina ohio i bought the car from wellington, ohio

Dude thats where im from. Well Litchfield anyways. I lived up there all my life. Then we decided to move to Tennessee 4 yrs ago

20006 Ford Fusion SE

my new 85 cougar

Reply #23
litchfield is right up the road from me, my son goes to the career center on 18, my family is originaly from knoxville tn. i have never been there, my cousins go up to TN. to ride deals gap one day i will get up there with them.

my new 85 cougar

Reply #24
Nice car :D And Welcome to the board :)

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

my new 85 cougar

Reply #25
Lookin sweet! Did your son pay for it or did you? Welcome to the board
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

my new 85 cougar

Reply #26
Nice :cougarsmily:  and welcome :D
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

my new 85 cougar

Reply #27
I payed for it, he didnt even have a clue i was buying it, i came home went in the house and yelled at him to come help me outside
he came out and said whos car is that and i threw him the keys, i thought he was going to have a heart attack.

my new 85 cougar

Reply #28
Very nice Cat !!!..................and welcome to the board.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

my new 85 cougar

Reply #29
Hope he can afford tires. :D

Welcome to the boards.

You brought chips and dip, right?