Skip to main content
Topic: Well She Needs a bit if work (Read 1968 times) previous topic - next topic

Well She Needs a bit if work

Hey I just wanted show a couple of pictures off of my new little kitty cat. Well not new, ahhhh, you can see. Its good and solid but needs a lot of tlc. I rescued this one from the bad man that wanted to crush it. It came on the trailor needing a head gasket and a new door hinge.

Reply #1
Nice car.It also needs the other half of the engine installed.Nice find.What are your plans for it?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
Good for you. Did you have to kick the Bad Man in the nuts? Nice save.
So is it 5spd or auto? You've got work to do. Snap to it. LOL  once you get that thing buttoned up clean that engine bay. These 2.3t's seem to get neglected pretty bad.
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #3
It looks like an automatic.
Nice machine! You could get it back together with a few days' worth of work. Don't forget to install dowels when you put the head back on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
looks like a good project

keep the 2.3 ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #5
you're a good man for saving it.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Reply #6
That's worth saving! Good job.

Reply #7
I came along a day late of saving a turbo cougar once....  *hangs head in shame*  glad you got the chance to save it :D

Reply #8
I see irony... the garage says ford country with a lebaron in it.

nice cat! but one thing im sure you are going to want to change is that transmission. autos in these cars suck.

5speed for the win

Reply #9
good job on the save !!!!!
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Reply #10
Now that's what you call a real "cat" being rescued just a little (TLC) and it will good as new. lol

Reply #11
Quote from: cougarcragar;179767
It looks like an automatic.
Nice machine! You could get it back together with a few days' worth of work. Don't forget to install dowels when you put the head back on.

Yup there is a dipstick tube showing...

Reply #12
awsome save , serously though there arent may of those type of cats around,, nor made for that matter.

Reply #13
I've always wanted a Turbo Cougar.  Nice save!

Reply #14
Quote from: tc²;179994
I've always wanted a Turbo Cougar.  Nice save!
you should sell me the 86 and buy an xr-7.:D
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily: