Skip to main content
Topic: Feds raid pot-laced-candy factory in Calif. (Read 1093 times) previous topic - next topic

Feds raid pot-laced-candy factory in Calif.

SAN FRANCISCO - Federal agents said Thursday they shut down a factory that made marijuana-laced barbecue sauce, chocolate-covered pretzels and other "enhanced" snacks intended for medical users of the drug.

The Drug Enforcement Administration said it arrested three people Wednesday and was looking for a fourth who operated Oakland-based Tainted Inc.

Agents also seized 460 marijuana plants and other laced products including candy bars, cookies, marshmallow pies, ice cream, peanut butter, jelly, energy drinks and "Rice Krispy treats."

Tainted Inc. was launched by Michael Martin, 33, of El Sobrante as a small operation that made laced chocolate truffles. When it was raided Wednesday, the company was shipping products to medical marijuana dispensaries throughout California and in Seattle; Vancouver, British Columbia; and Amsterdam.

Authorities said the operation also had ties to Los Angeles pot clubs and believe it has ordered four tons of chocolate over the past two years to make marijuana-laced candy.

Those arrested were Jessica Sanders, Michael Anderson and Diallo McLinn. Martin is a fugitive, authorities said.

Two-year investigation
The raids of the factory and four Bay Area houses came after a two-year investigation and growing police concern that the legalization of medicinal marijuana in several states has caused a proliferation of large-scale marijuana-lacing operations.

Laced snacks are often more potent and longer lasting than smoked marijuana. Federal authorities contend that marijuana is an illegal drug, no matter how it used or who uses it, and they don't honor the state laws.

"This appears to be represent, once again, the federal government taking umbrage with the fact that California has legalized medical marijuana for medical patients," Sanders' attorney, Randolph Daar, told the San Francisco Chronicle. Lawyers for McLinn and Anderson had no comment.

A call to the company Friday was not returned.

Several people who ran a marijuana-lacing operation called Beyond Bomb that produced such products as Stoney Rancher, Rasta Reese's and Keef Kat pleaded guilty this year in Oakland federal court to marijuana charges. Beyond Bomb's founder Kenneth Affolter was sentenced to nearly six years in prison.

"These items could have harmful effects on a user, especially the unsuspecting ones," DEA agent Javier Pena said. "We will continue to shut down these production lines, one marijuana-candy factory at a time."

LOL! Check out the Video! hahaha

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21023380/

I can only imagine what the guys said at the factory. Heyyyy maaann whats goin on?
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #1
So now we know why this gives you a sugar high!  lol

Reply #2
Holy !  You mean all that stuff I've been eatin' has mary-j-wanna it it?  No wonder my eyes are red all the time....I thought my 82 Cougar Wagon could only do 30 mph.:hick:
Armed Forces Car Club
Eastern Sierra Chapter, California
WEB:  armedforcescarclub.com

Reply #3
LMAO... hey they will get the munchies while eating munchies!
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #4
It's strange that you can legally consume pot if you have a legal prescription in that state, but the feds can arrest and prosecute you if they catch you.

lol at "Buddafinga"

Reply #5
They should just legalize that and save the public alot of money. That way they can just put the tax on it like everything else. America would probly become the laziest nation ever.....oh wait....don't we already hold that title?

Reply #6
Just move to Alaska.
1987 TC

Reply #7
If MJ was legal America would fall apart... Beer makes you happy.. MJ makes you sad and stupid...  If you cry when drinking beer then your girl is a slut and you need to dump her.!
One 88

Reply #8
Quote from: Carl;179422
LOL! Check out the Video! hahaha

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21023380/

I can only imagine what the guys said at the factory. Heyyyy maaann whats goin on?

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

Reply #9
Quote from: atariman;179439
America would probly become the laziest nation ever.....oh wait....don't we already hold that title?

Hey! Everyone needs something to strive for! :D :shakeass:

BTW, if pot makes you sad and stupid... you're smoking the wrong kind! :ies:  :dunno:
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #10
Quote from: CougarSE;179524
MJ makes you sad and stupid...

Uhhhhhhh when you run out maybe!

3700 ready to harvest plants were found about 20km from me at the end of August growing in two spots on crown land, they never caught anyone. I know a guy who got 17 garbage bags of plants from one of the raids after the cops left, guess they were gonna come back the next day to get the last of it :screwy:

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #11
Quote from: tbirdscott;179699
Uhhhhhhh when you run out maybe!

3700 ready to harvest plants were found about 20km from me at the end of August growing in two spots on crown land, they never caught anyone. I know a guy who got 17 garbage bags of plants from one of the raids after the cops left, guess they were gonna come back the next day to get the last of it :screwy:

Scott

I thought the MJ laws were "relaxed" in B.C.?

Or is that only Vancouver?
2013 Focus (Daily)
1968 Cougar XR7
1987 Turbo Coupe
5 Speed, Stock IHI, Aeromotive 340LPH, Stinger 3in DP w/Magnaflow 3in Race Series ler, Hallman Boost Controller, Corbeau Fixed Back Racing Seats, Rebuilt 35# Injectors, Kirban AFPR, Stinger's Front Mount Piping w/Big NPR Front Mount IC, 3/8 E-85 Fuel Lines, SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch, Explorer 4.0 Dual Core Radiator, Optima Red Top Battery
1988 Turbo Coupe (RIP)
1984 Cougar (RIP) :cougarsmily:
1986 Cougar XR7 5 Speed.  (sold)

Reply #12
They are pretty relaxed but 3700 plants is pushing it! lol I heard that around where I am they wont bother you unless your doing more than 20-30 plants, just dont have the time when theres all these 1000+ plant grows being busted. Around downtown and in the parks people smoke it in the streets and there really isnt much enforcement unless you blaze up right in front of an officer. Show them a little respect and try to keep it hidden and they dont seem to care.

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC