Skip to main content
Topic: OK let's get with the program (Read 2397 times) previous topic - next topic

OK let's get with the program

Eric,

I've been looking at CoolCats for years now.  So much great help.  Now I've been looking here for quite a while too.

So, let's get with the program. :beatyoass:  1980-1982 T-Birds and Cougars are Fox bodies too.  The chassis' are pretty much identical to the 83-88.

Now not to shock anyone but I've got the 82 Cougar GS Station Wagon! :cougarsmily:  That's right...STATION WAGON and I must say I'm feeling a little left out.

Otherwise this is a great site.

Armed Forces Car Club
Eastern Sierra Chapter, California
WEB:  armedforcescarclub.com

Reply #1
I would kill for a cougar station wagon.... wanna trade for a 87 tbird so you can fit in alittle better?
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2
Welcome to the board? Where there's never a dull moment around here just speak freely,

Reply #3
Gaw dang, another box fox. There taking over the board... everyone run for the hills!

Welcome aboard. Though that is a unique first post!
1987 Cougar XR7 5.0 SOLD
1992 Ranger 4.0
2018 Hyundai Elantra
2019 Ram Rebel

Reply #5
I hate you and your ugly car.....Leave. JUST KIDDING !!!! Welcome aboard.I think it's time to yank the engine,install a roller 5.0,and throw an 8.8 under it.If you could just get that done by Sunday evening,I'd really appreciate it.See you around.Glad to have you here.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #6
Wow I love it!  I am glad to see more box car owners, that one looks really clean as well.  Pull it out of the garage and snap some better shots.

Does that car have an aluminum air cleaner?  I snagged an air cleaner out of a Junkyard once off of an 80 XR7 because it was all aluminum..
One 88

Reply #7
and i thought the cat wagon's where put down in the mid 70's,now that you got our full attention, any plans for the car? or just bring it to CJ8.( its a must see)

Reply #8
Now that's a Cat that the whole family could fit in... and all the Chinese Auction stuff!
Hey Gary!
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

Reply #9
welcome
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #10
ive never heard of such a thing!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #11
To be 100% honest, I think you are teh ONLY 82 GS station wagon on here. Nice ride and welcome!

Reply #12
Any guy who drives a Cougar Station Wagon is A-OK in my book.

Reply #13
I don't see what's wrong with 80-82 Box Foxes.... :hick:
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #14
Chuck does your car have an Aluminum air cleaner?
One 88