Skip to main content
Topic: Check out this t-bird! (Read 1786 times) previous topic - next topic

Check out this t-bird!

Let me know what you think!  Personally I think it's a good use of a beater bird.  I just wonder if they rode it into the car like that. :hick:
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

Check out this t-bird!

Reply #1
I guess that would be the Hatchback version! LOL
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Check out this t-bird!

Reply #2
a thunderbird is not... i repeat, NOT an el camino.  lol.

when i get home tonight, i've got a picture on my laptop that i'll post up of a local business that has turned a bmw 3 series into a truck as advertisp00get for their shop.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Check out this t-bird!

Reply #3
I actually like it. That one's a beater, of course, but if done right that car would look really good and be really different - I like how they kept the quarter windows as "flying butresses"...

TurboRager91: There's a local business that has a Mini Cooper turned into a pickup truck. It's a distributor of "Red Bull" energy drink and has a large "can" mounted in the truck bed, leaning against the roof...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Check out this t-bird!

Reply #4
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;177614
I actually like it. That one's a beater, of course, but if done right that car would look really good and be really different - I like how they kept the quarter windows as "flying butresses"...

TurboRager91: There's a local business that has a Mini Cooper turned into a pickup truck. It's a distributor of "Red Bull" energy drink and has a large "can" mounted in the truck bed, leaning against the roof...

lol, yeah, i've seen those before.  this bmw isn't a really nice custom job or anything.... it kind of looks half assed, but it's still pretty cool.  it's no hack job, but definitely not something done by the likes of foose or coddington. lol.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Check out this t-bird!

Reply #5
Keep the rear window pillars and fill in the glass with metal.  Custom fab a liftgate and do up some tailights.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Check out this t-bird!

Reply #6
That makes me cry....
But, I did help a guy build a 66 Mustang coupe into a truck back in the '70s. I think he had it in a magazine when it was finished.
It came out OK.

Check out this t-bird!

Reply #8
He could've just bought a Ford Durango :hick:

Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Check out this t-bird!

Reply #9
Those Durangos are cool too. I've always been a fan of car-trucks - hell, I even like the old Brats, Rampages and Rabbits. The newer Subaru four-door pickup things suck butt though...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Check out this t-bird!

Reply #10
Don't the Durangos have very low production numbers? I remember reading something about them on the fox fords forums.

The local Red Bull PR cars are Suzuki X-90s with the Red Bull graphics, including the big can on the roof. I don't see any other X-90s on the road, for that matter. That car was a total flop.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Check out this t-bird!

Reply #11
Hey,I saw that )or probably one like it) Mini a few times here in Oklahoma.Always cruising down I-35.Probably returning to Oklahoma City from some event.Silver and blue vehicle if I remember right.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Check out this t-bird!

Reply #12
I wouldn't want to be in that bird in a rear impact. It'd fold up like a cardboard box.

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Check out this t-bird!

Reply #13
Quote from: Red_LX;178264
I wouldn't want to be in that bird in a rear impact. It'd fold up like a cardboard box.

A front impact wouldn't be fun either. A motorcycle in the back of the head couldn't be pleasant :hick:

On an unrelated but kind of related note: If you've got an LCD monitor, tilt it backward and look at the sky in that photo. The JPEG compression left some pretty nifty patterns...

Check out this t-bird!

Reply #14
I bet that's a hell of a cold ride during the winter.
'86 cougar gone to the big yard.
'86&'88 Jeep Comanches.