Skip to main content
Topic: got another four eyed stang... (Read 2915 times) previous topic - next topic

got another four eyed stang...

Reply #15
Quote from: Chuck W;177136
BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

+1

Reply #16
man you guys are as bad as the guys over on GTAMC.com.  They are FLAMING ME like crazy because I am converting to the aero style front end......  PRICELESS!!!! :evilgrin:

Reply #17
Hey look at you Sleepertbi...... er RJ!  Looks nice man.  4 eye FTW though ;)
One 88

Reply #18
Nice score, LX 5.0s are relatively rare in those years

btw, aero on 4 eye FTL
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)

Reply #19
what the hell does
FTW
and FTL mean? :dunno:

Reply #20
lol

FTW  For the win
FTL  For the loss..

Yes stupid, very stupid.  But I admit I used it !
One 88

Reply #21
RJ you go through cars faster then I can have a chance to see htem.. wtf man? at least gimme a chance to see these cars! LOL

Reply #22
haha, well best get up here when I post new additions.  They dont last long. LOL.

This one might though.  It is fun to play around with, and it hauls ass.  Forgot how to tinker with a carb LOL.

Reply #23
Quote from: 1WLD BRD;177106
Going to convert it to '90 style

Quote from: Chuck W;177136
BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

+1
1986 Cougar LS

Reply #24
I just bought a 88 hatch today,maroon,grey interior,4cly auto,soon to be (2.3 turbo,5spd) bought a wrecked 88 tc also. So what happens when you put both together, fun,fun,fun.
1987 T-bird SportCoupe,302,5spd,8.8,3.27s,pbr brakes,spindles,2003 rear,18inch 06 gt rims!!!!:evilgrin:
2006 Gt Mustang,3v,5spd,8.8,3.55s,GT500rims.
1990 T-bird LX,3.8,aod,loaded,stock!!
1999 Trailblazer(wifes rig)

Reply #25
Ok guys you can relax now, the car is staying four eyed.  Had a local guy PM me with a front clip off of his bro's '85 GT, so I am getting it and will have fog light holes...  Just ordered an Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake for it from summit too....

Reply #26
You don't waste time playing with the new toys do ya bro?

Reply #27
well as the saying goes....  Money talks and BS walks.  I gotta make this faster then my buddies '86 just to prove a point to him.  He thinks EFi is the ultimate thing and carbs suck, so I wanna hear him say that when we line up and I put a few lengths on him.  I already think it can do it, but I wanna be sure.  Took him for a rip the other day, and he was VERY impressed with the way it pulled, so that is a good start.  His is stock with a 93 motor transplanted into it.

So it is getting the brand new Edelbrock Air Gap intake, New Barry Grant 750 carb, just scored a complete flowmaster exhaust system this morning, then a set of 4.10's and my SFC came in last week, just gotta install em.  Gotta ripper shifter here for it.... yada, yada.  LONG list to go.  I am aiming for the 12's with this one.

Reply #28
a 750cfm carb is WAY too big for that motor, unless your putting on bigger heads(i.e. tfs, afr, edelbrock) and more compression. that motor doesnt have enough compression to make that kind of airflow.
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #29
Quote from: 32VFoxBird;177824
a 750cfm carb is WAY too big for that motor, unless your putting on bigger heads(i.e. tfs, afr, edelbrock) and more compression. that motor doesnt have enough compression to make that kind of airflow.

Thanks, but I already know that.  hell a 650 is even overkill.  and yeah I do plan on adding heads and a cam soon too.  If I can get the same price on a 650 BG carb I will be getting it instead.  this carb was advertised on sale so since I plan to upgrade the motor anyways, might as well go bigger for the mods I have planned.  The car wont be seeing the road till next summer now anyways, so at this rate I should have the work done to it that it needs, for the carb.