Skip to main content
Topic: Fresh Tbird pics (56k warning) VIDEO DONE! (Read 3351 times) previous topic - next topic

Fresh Tbird pics (56k warning) VIDEO DONE!

I finally got around to a BIG cleaning on the Tbird...the first one I've done since spring/early summer.  I snapped a few pics and I hope you all like them!  I think they're some of the best shots of my car I've ever gotten.  Sorry, I couldnt bring myself to downsize them too much :hick: .

I've done quite a bit of cleaning on the engine compartment.  As you can see by the nice, white passenger side shock tower and the top of the firewall (look lower on the firewall to see how the top used to look ;) ).  Oh and Carl, I used that stuff you showed me.  Anyways, it still needs a lot of work, but it's getting there!  I plan to paint the air box and the plastic tube soon; that should help clean it up a lot.

PS - My friend and I plan to do more filming for my youtube video tonight, so stay tuned!  :evilgrin:

EDIT:  Got the video pretty much finalized now!  Let me know what you guys think!

Reply #1
Now if you would only lose the 8 holes it would look AWESOME!! If only you were closer to my dads... Id cut you an awesome deal on a set of 10 holes!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #2
Actually, I might be working out a deal soon for some Turbines.  :)

Wheels arent my top priority yet.  If the deal comes along, I'll get some, but if not, I'm in no rush.  I need to get my dad's friend's power washer and clean out my engine bay more.  I can only get to so much by hand with some paper towels and Wesley's Bleche White haha.

Reply #3
I woulda let you have a full set of 10 holes with center caps for like 60 bucks. Hes got freaking 4 sets hahha. If you dont get the turbines, and get 10 holes or something and need center caps i have 3 sets
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #4
Alrighty, I'll keep that in mind.  Anyways, it's like 75 degrees outside, the sky is clear blue, and my car is shining great.  It's time for a short cruise before tonight :) .

Reply #5
ugh its 65ish here wet and sunny, and im working under my car.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #6
You're not working on your car,you're talking on the computer.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #7
I am waiting for help with my questions i posted here and on FvC, car is on jackstands tools and light under it, and a nice plastic sheet. Thank you very much!
now lets stop shiznitting on his thread hahaha
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #8
HAHA pwn3d!!!!

Wow looks real good man. I say keep the 8-holes. I like em on the birds a lot. Your choice in the end gotta do what looks good to you. I gotta clean my engine bay. Its alright but theres dirt on the towers and firewall and stuff it would look a little more spiffy if I got rid of it. My upper intake should probably be painted Yours looks brand new, they stand out a lot when they look good and help the overall look a great deal.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #9
The Bird does look great.grab the vinyl protectant and get to rubbing.......the rubber parts.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #10
Yeah the painted intake really helps.  If you noticed, we also painted the EGR, IAC, and TB to match it.  Then for the 5.0 HO plate, we painted the 2 screws blue that go in the blue stripes and the other 2 silver that go in the metal part.  I love details like that.  Thanks for the compliments.

What do I need to get Vinnie?  Any particular brand?  What should I look for?  I've been wondering how to clean up the hoses and stuff.

Reply #11
armor all. Its the only thing its good for!
http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00079.html
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #12
I don't buy Armour All.I buy some clear stuff.I can't remember the name.It's in a small round spray bottle and the bottle and the spray are clear.works awesome,and lasts a long time.I'll try to find mine if I still have any left and get the name for you.

Reply #13
Yeah that'd be great, thanks :) .