Skip to main content
Topic: sn95 front spindles?? (Read 1131 times) previous topic - next topic

sn95 front spindles??

K
have read the wrightup in tech but as i stated before it is kind of confusing.
For those of you that have done this swap(i know know one knows if the 95's abs sensors will work with the 87 system if spliced,will solve that question soon enough)i have the spindles,dust shields,abs hubs,rotors,pads,calipers,mounts and abs sensors.
Other than the washers for the tops of the ball joints and the sn95 banjo bolts to adapt my Tc's current brake lines to the sn95 calipers is there anything else i need to install this setup???
I'm pretty sure it is, but is an alignment also required after doing the swap???

sn95 front spindles??

Reply #1
I know for sure an alignment is NESSASARY.  the tow in is WAY TOO GREAT to even drive it after.

sn95 front spindles??

Reply #2
Anybody?????

sn95 front spindles??

Reply #3
Sounds like you have all the parts needed by your list.

And yes.....an alignment is totally necessary after......it will have over an inch of toe-in. You'll have to ballpark it just to get it driveable.

sn95 front spindles??

Reply #4
Quote from: dominator;170989
K
have read the wrightup in tech but as i stated before it is kind of confusing.
For those of you that have done this swap(i know know one knows if the 95's abs sensors will work with the 87 system if spliced,will solve that question soon enough)i have the spindles,dust shields,abs hubs,rotors,pads,calipers,mounts and abs sensors.
Other than the washers for the tops of the ball joints and the sn95 banjo bolts to adapt my Tc's current brake lines to the sn95 calipers is there anything else i need to install this setup???
I'm pretty sure it is, but is an alignment also required after doing the swap???

If you solder the wires it might work, unless the ac voltage generated by the 95 abs is a different spec that the module doesn't like.
 Still, I'm betting that you will get it to work. :D

Good luck,
 Mike
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]88 t-bird: 5.0ho, gt40y, crane 2031, fms 1.7, paxton@5#, aod wide ratio, tci stall, performer rpm upper, 70mm bbk, pro m 60, 42#s, 3.73 7.5" posi, jba shorties, borla, upr x. 13.4 @ 104mph. cbaza, moates, tuned by decipha

sn95 front spindles??

Reply #5
At some point in time down the road I plan on swapping in a sn95 ABS setup to get rid of the antiquated TC stuff.
One 88