Skip to main content
Topic: Carb guys... look inside (Read 3381 times) previous topic - next topic

Carb guys... look inside

Reply #30
Quote from: 84 Fila;171278
C'mon scott... you know I'm a carb guy. Hopefuly tomorow I can get the kit and paint the carb

Only with the purple red anodized look. I'm not apurple person. The main body and fuel bowls will be allumnium

just some FYI  paint&gas dont mix well unless you use an epoxy paint
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Carb guys... look inside

Reply #31
In a Holley building/tuning book I have, it said to use a good krylon paint backed up with LOTS of clear.  Everything that will have contact with gas has been masked off.

Carb guys... look inside

Reply #32
Quote from: 84 Fila;171307
In a Holley building/tuning book I have, it said to use a good krylon paint backed up with LOTS of clear.  Everything that will have contact with gas has been masked off.

good luck
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Carb guys... look inside

Reply #33
Not sure if your serious or being sarcastic, but thanks. It's just an experiment over anything but if it works... great

Carb guys... look inside

Reply #34
I was told a 600 DP was " too much for a 302". I got a 650 DP on the way eventualy so we'll just have to wait and see

Carb guys... look inside

Reply #35
hes being serious and sarcastic and im on his side.  You just wont be happy with the outcome.  I guess your right in a way, if you dont like the colors, it comes off easy enough till you figure out what color you do want to maker perm.

One can of good stuff beats the price of a can of color then another of clear.

Carb guys... look inside

Reply #36
Auto paint will work though, if you use a self-etching primer. Carb parts are zinc, except the aluminum baseblate. Make sure to plug any bleed holes carefully with toothpics before spraying. I've had best luck with a base-coat/clearcoat system.
Cured auto paint isn't bothered by most fuel.

Carb guys... look inside

Reply #37
Thats what I'm going for. I've had a few other things in life so this has been put off, but I'm hoping to have it together soon. Again, for anyone that didn't see, this is NOT the carb that is on the car. This is a junk carb I threw together that I wana try. If the paint turns out good I have another working carb I wana try.

Carb guys... look inside

Reply #38
I painted a junk holley today ( broken booster, meetering block is dirty as hell, fuel bowls are really dirty...) and painted it for the hell of it. This is what I got. Don't flame, it's only a mock up

Carb guys... look inside

Reply #39
I think next time you need more powder

Those are some py pics (paint job looks good though(I think))
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

Carb guys... look inside

Reply #40
I can replace that booster.

Carb guys... look inside

Reply #41
Quote from: cougar1car;175156
I think next time you need more powder

Those are some py pics (paint job looks good though(I think))

It's a cellphone pic, as I lost the wire for my camara.

As for the booster, I don't think it's worth it as I have 2 carbs that I will actually use on the car. The 600 vac secondary thats on it now and then the 650 DP that will go on later. Just testing how it would look

Carb guys... look inside

Reply #42
Im kidding I dont bothet taking pics with my phone never works takes pics and makes them look like hell...
:ford::oldcougar::mercury:

Carb guys... look inside

Reply #43
I'm not going to lie... it looks like ass. The "silver" color was susposed to be satin allumnium. The black is flat and I wanted it semi-gloss. But for the scheme it's not that bad. The masking of the surfaces worked great and I just did a coat of primer, 2 coats of paint, and no clear and it's an ok job. I can do better. Not bad for a test I think