Skip to main content
Topic: i cant drive for AWHILE! (Read 1134 times) previous topic - next topic

i cant drive for AWHILE!

ok, get this, second day of 2 adays and i jumped infront of a pass route hoping to pick the ball off when the reciever tripped me and i fell straight to my shoulder and i had some weird noises when i hit. when i got back up my shoulder was dangling down. i went to the hospital and waitec for 5 hours to get looked at, and i found out i seperated 2 bones that were holding on by alot of legaments. so my colar bone is sticking high and my shoulder is dangling lower. here is a pic of the Xray. i hadto hold my elbow up so my shouler wouldnt drop down, so this is a Xray of it when it doesnt hurt as bad, when i dont hold it up the bones get seperated by more then an inch!
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

i cant drive for AWHILE!

Reply #1
dont mind my back yard.
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

i cant drive for AWHILE!

Reply #2
also, thedoctor said i cant play football for a month! and thats if my legaments didnt tear.

i cant drive for AWHILE!

Reply #3
Did you dislocate it? Ive dislocated both of mine, and they havnt been right since.
It's Gumby's fault.

i cant drive for AWHILE!

Reply #4
Ouch.... you want to let that heal up real good before you go hitting anyone with it on a football field or you'll be out again quicker than you think.

i cant drive for AWHILE!

Reply #5
Quote from: doodaa;169906
Ouch.... you want to let that heal up real good before you go hitting anyone with it on a football field or you'll be out again quicker than you think.

Agreed. And I'll go you one better; If you want to avoid a hell of a lot of pain and doctor visits for cortezone shots later in life(trust me, those hurt a hell of a lot more than your shoulder does now) Sit out the rest of the season.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but take it from someone who didn't listen to that advice when he got it. At 45, I wish to god I had listened.

i cant drive for AWHILE!

Reply #6
BTW: I see another potential problem in those X-rays:

Do you know you have someone's house and back fence in your shoulder? Man every time they mow their lawn must be agony for you. I'd see a surgeon about having that removed.

i cant drive for AWHILE!

Reply #7
Luckily,I haven't had anythng like that happen to me (i'm now 40),but it should've.The guys are right though.You had better really listen to the doctor and do the right thing for you,not the team.They'll come and go,your health is more important than you know.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

i cant drive for AWHILE!

Reply #8
this is my senior year. the last time i'll ever play real football.
plus, the doctor said it should be heald within a month. im the fastest person on my team too, im the only player that can run a 4.4 in the 40.(i ran a 4.47). im just happy i dont play defense, other wise i would half to hi people!
i take a 1000 dose of vicaden and it doesnt even do anything!! it sucks!
Vinny, the 65mm tb will have to wait. i did get it boxed up and ready to ship. so when i start driving or if i can convice my brother to do it, it will be out.

i cant drive for AWHILE!

Reply #9
its weird, the drugs im taking dont make the pain go away, but i find everything said to be funny..
it feels even worse when my own lawn is mowed!!! and when those darn cats run on top with there claws out, thats agonizing too!!

i cant drive for AWHILE!

Reply #10
Let me add my $.02
If I just had your injury and know what I know now, I would never get back on the football field.
I have never had anything as serious as yours, but many small shoulder injuries from soccer, basketball, riding dirtbikes, and from work. Nothing more than a few days pain and inconvenience. But now, at 44, I can injure my shoulders very easily by working over my head or something minor like sleeping wrong, and it takes a week or more to get to feeling better. I have learned that nothing heals like it was before an injury.
Protect yourself, be careful, and think about being able to work on cars when you are older, or being able to hold and play with your kids or grandkids.
Football ain't worth it.

i cant drive for AWHILE!

Reply #11
dude take care of yourself. i'm 38 and  near cripple. i have a bad knee and hip from playing football. a bbad elbow and shoulder from baseball. and a bad back and other knee from motorcycles. and the scary thing is if i could go back and do it over i wouldn't change a thing:evilgrin:
louie  :birdsmily:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]       
My famous last words:
It seemed like a good idea at the time.        88TC R.I.P.      88 Sport build in progress

i cant drive for AWHILE!

Reply #12
Ouch that would suck as well as hurt...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0L AOD 2.73 :cougarsmily:
1993 F150 XLT 5.8L E4OD 3.55

i cant drive for AWHILE!

Reply #13
I think the drugs are helping more than you think.  This sounds terrible, get well soon.

I dislocated my shoulder once riding dirt bikes.  I did not go to the doctor and I figure it would get well on it own.  Hurt for about two week.  Then I was playing with my 8 year old son and he bent back my arm and my it went snap; Pain was all gone and it felt great every since.  My son the doctor.

Don't think this would work for you.

I guess we are not going to work on the car for a while.

TED