Skip to main content
Topic: 86 Elan computer wiring (Read 2395 times) previous topic - next topic

86 Elan computer wiring

Hello

Does anyone have a detailed wiring spec for my 86 elan t-bird.  The problem is that the color codes for the wires dont match my in my books for t-bird or mustang.  I have done a search and cant find it.

thanks in advance.

igiveup
86 ELAN t-bird all mustang parts (Sold)  I love this site.
85 bronco 2. Dura sparked (soon TBI) too many parts
1988 5.0 lx Stang (93 gt cobra mass air)
85 Honda 250sx trike
06 F150 tow rig. all kinds of goodies.(This is why I sold the Bird)
igiveup was the only name I could get. lol

86 Elan computer wiring

Reply #1
bump
HELLO
85 Honda 250sx trike

86 Elan computer wiring

Reply #2
bump
85 Honda 250sx trike

86 Elan computer wiring

Reply #3
I have 84 dospoogeentation if you want that.

86 Elan computer wiring

Reply #4
I for one can tell you this,,,,,,,,
troll through electrical tech and if you dont find tons of electrical schematics ,, your not looking hard enough.

if you want an 84 evtm, talk to softouch

if you want an 87 evtm,, ask for a copy and ill send it or anyone else who won a copy from me can also burn it.

there are tons and tons of wiring diagrams on here,, just look.

an elan isnt anything special or different from most any other coug or tbird, might have a couple wires different in color but the layouts are going to remain the same.

so ,, ask and ye shall recieve.

What books are you refering to?  chiltons or haynes are not detailed enough and if thats your case,, i feel your pain and you should have an EVTM shop manual from ford which we are offering.  My gut feeling is that when someone asks for a copy of wiring diagrams,, they're probably electrical savy and will make good use of them when obtained.

In order to get an EVTM from me,, you have to answer a trivia question and get the answer correct.  When you do, you pm me with addy and ill mail it to you on cd postage paid by me!..................

so............
your question and for the win,,,
when laying decking lumber, which way is right side up and wrong side up on any given piece of lumber nailed down?

86 Elan computer wiring

Reply #5
For the wiring, what exactaly are you looking for? Any cirtin area ( underhood, radio, under dash....)?

86 Elan computer wiring

Reply #6
Hello

What im looking for is wiring to my computer.  I have done so many computer changes and pin out changes that im not sure if the match the computer wiring for firing order and all other stuff worked by it.
Im also looking for wiring for my six speeker system.

igiveup
85 Honda 250sx trike

86 Elan computer wiring

Reply #7
Often you'll find odd colored wires in any given harness... If the mfgr is out of a certain color, they substitute something close... Ran into this when I swapped harnesses in my TC... Usually not a issue, but if you have a bunch hangin'... Well good luck...

86 Elan computer wiring

Reply #8
Quote from: igiveup
Bark side up.

nope

its done like this........ the grain is the key to prevent water puddle on boards recently laid.

86 Elan computer wiring

Reply #9
Hello

Thank god theres no wires hangin.  The bad thing is that I switched from the 86 pc to 92 mass air t-bird pc.  I had to hook the grounds for my 02 sensor to the body of the car instead of the pc. The 86 computer and my 93 cobra computer had pin outs for them.  What I was thinking of doing is putting the 86 computer back in and get an ajustable fuel reglulator to try running the system at 30 psi or lowwer
on 19lbs injectores or change over to a H.O. cam.  Or have the 92 computer reprogrammed for the low output firing order.

igiveup
85 Honda 250sx trike

86 Elan computer wiring

Reply #10
Quote from: igiveup;167958
Hello

Thank god theres no wires hangin.  The bad thing is that I switched from the 86 pc to 92 mass air t-bird pc.  I had to hook the grounds for my 02 sensor to the body of the car instead of the pc. The 86 computer and my 93 cobra computer had pin outs for them.  What I was thinking of doing is putting the 86 computer back in and get an ajustable fuel reglulator to try running the system at 30 psi or lowwer
on 19lbs injectores or change over to a H.O. cam.  Or have the 92 computer reprogrammed for the low output firing order.

igiveup

wow,, didnt know you had this going on in your car from the original post. 

ill ask,, did you do the complete mass air conversion ? all wiring?

now to your next question

your use of the phrase "PC" in your last post is correctly said how?

86 Elan computer wiring

Reply #11
Hello

I had a 93 cobra mass air all setup in the car for about 8-10 years with no problems.  But I wanted the computer for my stang.  So I went and got the t-bird one from the junk yard for cheap.  Thats when all the problems started.  Now I could put back the original computer but its setup for 16lbs injectors instead of 19lbs.  So that means the car will run rich.  Now if I can run my fuel pressure at about 30 lbs the it might trick the speed density computer into thinking its running 16 lbs injectors. But I still need the orginal computer wiring specs.

igiveup
85 Honda 250sx trike

86 Elan computer wiring

Reply #12
Here is a page from the 84 shop manual. This page from the 86 shop manual would be even better.

86 Elan computer wiring

Reply #13
Hello

Thank you

igiveup
85 Honda 250sx trike

86 Elan computer wiring

Reply #14
Quote from: softtouch;168043
Here is a page from the 84 shop manual. This page from the 86 shop manual would be even better.

OK... From the '86 Engine/Emissions Manual...