Skip to main content
Topic: Wanted - Turbo Coupe braking system (Read 613 times) previous topic - next topic

Wanted - Turbo Coupe braking system

If anybody besides david_jo_xr7 have a brake system from an 88 turbo coupe for sale please let me know. Mine is bad and I’m looking for one that’s in really good shape.

Reply #1
Try NAPA. Every single part is available brand new. I have used stuff if you must though...

Reply #2
Which parts are you needing? And where are you located? Mine worked great when it was parked. Stopped better than my Stang does.
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #3
TELL FOLKS WHERE YOU ARE..

It's aways useful info....and required.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #4
we tried this before, but mine is still layin here...
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

Reply #6
I think its the proportioning valve but I would like to buy a whole braking system just incase. I tried AutoZone and O'reilly auto parts but they both told me the part couldn't be bought new anymore. I'm located in Troy, Mo. 63379.

Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;167109
Try NAPA. Every single part is available brand new. I have used stuff if you must though...

Reply #7
i got the master cylinder
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #8
I've got a complete master cylinder assembly complete with the proportioning valve for $40 plus shipping.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #10
Do you know for sure that it works and do you have any pics? also how much shipped to 63379?

Quote from: FLSTCI71;167816
I've got a complete master cylinder assembly complete with the proportioning valve for $40 plus shipping.

Reply #11
Joe, I have to go out of town overnight. I will get you a picture when I get back tomorrow. The assemby was from a 72K mile parts car. I didn't use the brakes at highway speed, but they worked in the yard. I'm guessing shipping would be about $20.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #12
That's cool bro. I was just curios cuz I was told the reason mine went out could have been because the car sat so long. So about $60 total, sounds great but I probably won’t have the money till the 23rd but I’m defiantly interested. Thanks man.

Quote from: FLSTCI71;167920
Joe, I have to go out of town overnight. I will get you a picture when I get back tomorrow. The assemby was from a 72K mile parts car. I didn't use the brakes at highway speed, but they worked in the yard. I'm guessing shipping would be about $20.