Skip to main content
Topic: Hyundai Muscle Car? (Read 2051 times) previous topic - next topic

Hyundai Muscle Car?

Reply #1
I think it's not so much a matter of "if" they make it, more like "when". Hyundai is already going to make a RWD V8 4-door sedan, so a coupe would help spread the cost of the drivetrain and platform. Hyundai is smart like that...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Hyundai Muscle Car?

Reply #2
from thier FWD program, i'd think they would go for the new fad AWD.  never know tho.

have a nice day.

Hyundai Muscle Car?

Reply #3
More than just rumours are already swirling about the Tiburon moving to this chassis. That should be a stark contrast.

Spy photos of the 2010 Hyundai Tiburon have been leaked onto the Internet and are finding their way into Hyundai chat rooms. Sharing a rear-wheel-drive platform with Hyundai's new Genesis sedan that was unveiled in April as a concept at the New York auto show, the Tiburon is expected to go on sale in Korea in late 2008 and early-to-mid-2009 in North America.

Slightly bigger than the current Tiburon, this redesigned coupe takes many of its styling cues from the HCD-8 concept shown several years ago. Likely to share powertrains with the Genesis sedan, at least the DOHC V6 engine, Hyundai is focusing on the Infiniti G37 coupe as a chief competitor. The spy photos also reveal another engine possibility: a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine.

Pricing is expected to start in the high $20,000s.

What this means to you: If Hyundai's latest models have yet to win you over, the new Tiburon will have you looking twice at a Korean coupe alternative.

Hyundai Muscle Car?

Reply #4
Its amazing what Hyundai has done with itself in the past ten years.  Much different than that 88 Excel my grandma used to have.
One 88

Hyundai Muscle Car?

Reply #5
Wow, the next TC is a Hyundai? (RWD, stick shift, 4-Cyl turbo) I'm digging this car!

And I've driven a few Hyundai's, the new Sonata is actually quite nice. I really like what Hyundai's been doing.

Hyundai Muscle Car?

Reply #6
I've been keeping up with it on the Tib forums and if they did do this, I would very well consider buying one.
I've had my '05 Tib for a little over 2 and a half years now and have put over 57,000 miles on it. The only maintenance other than regular oil changes has been it's first front brake job over the past weekend. Even at that the pads had a ton of miles left in them. It has been an awesome car.
Hmm, it will be paid off by 2010...

Hyundai Muscle Car?

Reply #7
I got a 07 Sonota for a loaner car. They said it was in the base class for their fleet. If that was a base class Sonota I want to drive a fully loaded one. It had sunroof, V6, all kids of bells and wistels. I had considered buying one till I found out what insurance was going to cost.

Hyundai Muscle Car?

Reply #8
my dad has an 07 sonata. best handling, best power, traction control, stability control, balanced FWD car i've ever ridden in.  my friend had a dodge stealth, I/H/E with massive cams and it'd pull hard as ****.  my dad's sonata does the same stock but thats where the comparison stops b/c that stealth had nothing on the sonata in any other category.

Hyundai Muscle Car?

Reply #9
Like I said in another thread, that stealth is also an 11 year old car. ;)

Hyundai Muscle Car?

Reply #10
Quote from: Aerobird Motorsports;166785
Wow, the next TC is a Hyundai? (RWD, stick shift, 4-Cyl turbo) I'm digging this car!

And I've driven a few Hyundai's, the new Sonata is actually quite nice. I really like what Hyundai's been doing.

The first Hyundais sold in North America were RWD. You Americans didn't get to enjoy the presence of the almighty Pony and Stellar. Mitsubishi 1.6 engine, 1-bbl carb with manual choke, and a points-style ignition system (and you ALWAYS carried spare points with you). Even the heat riser was manual - it had a lever with "W" and "S" on it - in winter you flipped it to W, summer would be S.  I don't have a pic of a Stellar, but I do have one of a Pony (My ex girlfriend owned a Pony that looked exactly like this):
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Hyundai Muscle Car?

Reply #11
The pics that you have there Oldraven that is a left driver, i thought that they all drove on the right.

Hyundai Muscle Car?

Reply #12
Quote from: 20th anny 5.o;166896
The pics that you have there Oldraven that is a left driver, i thought that they all drove on the right.

Good question. I looked it up and Koreans do drive on the right. (Judging by the 'truck' beside it, I'd say they were taken in Korea.). I don't know, I got the pictures and article from Edmunds Inside Line. (A must read, if you aren't already. The same as the Detroit Auto News.)

Hyundai Muscle Car?

Reply #13
another question is that a Hyundai V8? or is this one grabbed from another company? i believe they use a mazda engine in the sportage or what ever thier midsized suv is thats why i ask.

Hyundai Muscle Car?

Reply #14
Quote from: 20th anny 5.o;167211
another question is that a Hyundai V8? or is this one grabbed from another company? i believe they use a mazda engine in the sportage or what ever thier midsized suv is thats why i ask.

Could be.
http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshows/12638/hyundai-genesis-concept.html
all-new, all-aluminum 32-valve 4.6-liter V-8
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver