Skip to main content
Topic: network printer? (Read 1557 times) previous topic - next topic

network printer?

well I have figured out the basics of the wireless networking but I would like to setup my printer on the network.  I have been looking on the net and I have had no luck. my pc ix running on windows vista and the laptop is running on XP.  here is a pic of what I am trying to do

network printer?

Reply #1
Is your router wireless only, or do they at least give you a port or two for non-wireless devices?

I have my mongo HP 4500 Color Laser Jet just plugged directly into my router (non-wireless) and it has an IP address on the "network".

I guess that depends on your printer on whether it has a network connection on it.  Mine only had that and the digital plug.

Not sure how you can do it if it's connected to another PC on a network.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

network printer?

Reply #2
that's exactly how mine is set up...  i have no idea how it works.  i called time warner and they came out and set it up for me.  i work on cars, not computers.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

network printer?

Reply #3
I'm using an Hp deskjet 5150 and a belkin wireless G for the router.  I might just be chasing my tail on this one :dunno:

network printer?

Reply #4
I'm trying to set up a wireless belkin G system and having issues. Going to try the 24/7 tech support tomorrow. I just plan on hardwiring the printer