Skip to main content
Topic: new TB, need help! (Read 1022 times) previous topic - next topic

new TB, need help!

i bought a explorer TB and how do you get that nozzle thing pointed the other directions to hook up with my valve cover hose?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

new TB, need help!

Reply #1
I put a pair of vice grips on it side ways (Horizontal with the upper bent part),and not to tight,just snug.GENTLY turn the tube.You may want to put a little WD-40 on first.The tube is just pressed in.I haven't had one break yet.Be gentle.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

new TB, need help!

Reply #2
Oh,did you swap the throttle cable arm yet?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

new TB, need help!

Reply #3
swap the throttle cable arm?
1988 LX coupe. a dressed up motor with full exhaust and BBK shorties with flowmasters, BBK CAI, accufab 65mm tb, HO upper intake, cobra valve covers.

new TB, need help!

Reply #4
Yes,the little arm on thebottom that the throttle cable and cruise cable hook to.It has to be changed with the one you have on your current throttlebody.You'll see where the factory did a little "weld" in the middle of the arm to hold it on to the shaft.If you GENTLY grind it down flush with the arm,you can just slip the arm off of the shaft,then,when both arms are removed,put the T-Bird arm onto the Explorer shaft and add a little tack weld.All done.If it is more than you want to deal with,send them to me with $6.00 shipping money and I'll do it.If you don't want to have your car down,find an extra throttlebody and use it for the arm.Needs to be from a Cougar,Stang or T-Bird 5.0.If I can help in any way,let me know.I've done the swap 3 times myself.

new TB, need help!

Reply #5
i just bought a cobra intake manifold and and 65mm FRPP TB, so im just going to use that, i'll give you the explorer 65mm tb if you want it. but thanks for the help!!

new TB, need help!

Reply #6
give??? im interested!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

new TB, need help!

Reply #7
Send me a PM on how much.Let's deal.