Skip to main content
Topic: im downright amazed (Read 4079 times) previous topic - next topic

im downright amazed

everyone remembers my story about the death of my 3.8L

well....ITS NOT DEAD!

my dad was so hell bent on me fixing it, downright aggrivating me to fix it, so i went out, pulled the thermostat, and its fine, works well, put it in boiling water, and it opened like it should

made a gaskets, filled the coolant, bled it, and it runs like it used to

im still tagging the TC, i dont like the thought of driving a car i overheated for 20 miles at 95mph
It's Gumby's fault.

Re: im downright amazed

Reply #1
baa it still needs a!!!:raspberry:raspberry:raspberry:raspberry
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #2
I didn't know vegetable juice can solve that problem. woow.. learn something new every day. :flip:

Reply #3
Quote from: baXo
I didn't know vegetable juice can solve that problem. woow.. learn something new every day. :flip:

:laughing: :laughing: :rollin: :rollin: :laughing: :laughing:

:raspberry:raspberry ;)
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #4
Quote from: Blown306Cougar
baa it still needs a!!!:raspberry:raspberry:raspberry:raspberry

i still need a raspberry?
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #5
I thought that my 3.8 was dead too. When it ran out of oil everyone thought i had a spun bearing, but then it started running fine. I guess the 3.8's are a little harder to kill then we thought. :banana:

Reply #6
Quote from: Tbird232ci
i still need a raspberry?

haha  :flip: 

:raspberry:raspberry :slap:

Reply #7
I dont wanna dis on the 3.8, but you should just save up and drop a v8 in there. I think that 225 hp vs 130 would be alittle better
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #8
Quote from: Haystack
I dont wanna dis on the 3.8, but you should just save up and drop a v8 in there. I think that 225 hp vs 130 would be alittle better

Ahem. 120 hp thank you very much. :giggle:

Reply #9
So, for everyone who says he should drop a V8 into it, does that mean you're offering to pay for it? :p

Reply #10
i have a long block he can have ;)
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Reply #11
We *might* already have another use for our V6 Birds.. and no, not as anchors for the Queen Mary 2. :p

I know I need to do something with mine soon, or get the V8 Bird on the road.. the V6, she be startin' to smoke now. Also the rattle in the front end is getting worse. Hate to say it, but I'm starting to think really "final" thoughts about my '86..

Reply #12
i already got a long block, and a bunch of other shiznit, im a step ahead of you guys
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #13
It's a ford.. what do you expect? so long as you have compression, ignition, air, and a fuel supply, you're good to go.. can't promise it'll run very well, but it'll go..

case in point, my 5.0L with 184k miles on it and a main bearing cap seperated from the block...

Reply #14
I think he should pull the V6 and drop in a 2.3T:deal: .....but that's just me :p

I know he already has a TC..just giving him . :grinno: 

Glad to hear it's at least functional again.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon