Skip to main content
Topic: anyone know anything about these wheels? (Read 1855 times) previous topic - next topic

anyone know anything about these wheels?

My dad picked them up a long time ago, and a few junk dealers have offered him good money for them and he only has 2! Im just curious if anyone knows anything about them.

and for the heck of it the torque thrust d's for the stang
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #1
Look to be optioned wheels on a Mustang. Like the Bullitt wheels. Unless the Shelby center caps were added on.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #2
its not a center cap, its the wheel
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #3
The first wheel looks like a 67-70 Shelby Mustang wheel, but only going from memory.
The second wheel looks like a second version of the very early American Racing 5 spoke. Name escapes me at the moment.
Both should have markings on the back, maybe along the rim of the wheel.

Reply #4
It's a Cragar S/S wheel (or a knock off of one). The Shelby center cap is the only part worth anything, as they are still sold new.

Reply #5
but its not a cap, its the wheel itself, its part of it, i know what the american racing ones are i jsut posted the pic to how you guys the wheels for the stang
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #6
Dunno about the shelby part of it, But they sure look like cragars:
http://www.racerwheel.com/wcra-561.html
and
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Reply #7
Mason, what we are saying is that the Shelby center caps can be added on, they arent hard to change. But the centers are what are worth something. They look like a Mustang wheel or a cragar knock off.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #8
i know thats what confuses the  out of me
the wheel center? the part that fits in the outer rim you mean? or the center cap. cause its not a center cap, its all one peice
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #9
it has to have a removable center cap. how else would you be able to balance the wheel/tire?
1979 Ford Fairmont
[/B]
5.0L/4R70W/8.8"/5-lug/3" Exhuast

Reply #10
ill go look closer
 thats what i get for assuming, yea they come off. So its they are cragers with a center cap, some guy offered like 500 for both once i wonder if the caps are rare
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #11
It's a centercap, it's probably just stuck. There is supposed to be 1 bolt holding it on from the backside.

These:

Are what Shelby Cragar's (65/66) are supposed to look like. See how the spokes have a sunken center? Again, still sold new.

These:

Are the 69/70 version. Again, still sold new.

These:

Are the correct centercaps for the above wheels.

Reply #12
ever seen a center like these before???and yea thers a flat head screw in back
my $300 beater ;)

Reply #13
If you want to make it look new again, the background should be painted blue.

Brent
:cougarsmily:
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Reply #14
AH HA!! i need to find 2 more! i want to amke a full set of them!
my $300 beater ;)