Skip to main content
Topic: just wanted to say hi... (Read 2784 times) previous topic - next topic

just wanted to say hi...

before i start posting more regularly.  my name is josh, and i live in kansas city, mo.  i've had a total of 6 turbocoupes and i'm actually going to look at another one tonight after work.  i've got a 91 ranger with a 2.3 turbo in it as well... that's my baby.  it's nowhere near stock and i'm actually hoping to break 10's with it (probably not this season, but next for sure).

for the past 10 years i think i've only been without a thunderbird for about a year.  i love these cars.  the cougars are nice too, but there's just something about the mid-late 80's turbocoupes that pulls at my heart strings.

there's still a lot that i don't know, but there is also a lot that i do know... especially about the 2.3 turbo motor itself.  so, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

just wanted to say hi...

Reply #1
Hello, And Welcome! :hick:

I'm one of the youngins' around here with 25938572724958+1 questions. :p

But you'll love this place, we have an awesome community here!.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

just wanted to say hi...

Reply #2
Welcome. Im from North Central Kansas, temporarily in Nebraska. You'll find all you need here. Enjoy the stay.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

just wanted to say hi...

Reply #3
swwwwwwweeeeet ranger. Welcome and enjoy your stay!!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

just wanted to say hi...

Reply #4
welcome
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

just wanted to say hi...

Reply #5
What up. Enjoy the stay

just wanted to say hi...

Reply #6
good to see ya GenIIRacer.

welcome to our corner of the internet.
gumby - beauty may fade, but stupid is forever!

just wanted to say hi...

Reply #7
Quote from: gumby;162052
good to see ya GenIIRacer.

welcome to our corner of the internet.

nice to see a familiar face.

thanks for the welcome everyone.
06 pontiac g6 gt

just wanted to say hi...

Reply #8
Love the taurus.  Parents bought an 86 Taurus MT5 brand new.  Needless to say that car wouldn't die.  Since then we've owned about 8 taurus'.  Gotta love a 5 speed taurus. :D
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

just wanted to say hi...

Reply #9
Quote from: blu84302;162083
Love the taurus.  Parents bought an 86 Taurus MT5 brand new.  Needless to say that car wouldn't die.  Since then we've owned about 8 taurus'.  Gotta love a 5 speed taurus. :D

i really do like the car, but i'm actually selling it this week to go pick up another 88 turbocoupe.:birdsmily:
06 pontiac g6 gt

just wanted to say hi...

Reply #10
That's okay.  I like t-birds better anyway. :D
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

just wanted to say hi...

Reply #11
Welcome
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

just wanted to say hi...

Reply #13
thanks, guys.  chuck, you're on a few sites that i'm on... that makes 2 familiar faces.
06 pontiac g6 gt

just wanted to say hi...

Reply #14
Nice to have another member. You'll love it here we all do!
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird