Skip to main content
Topic: My T-Bucket (Read 2501 times) previous topic - next topic

My T-Bucket

I said I would post pictures of my new 'Bucket, so here goes. First I'll post a couple of my original 'Bucket that I bought in 1987. I drove this one until 2000 when I finally retired it for a major overhaul:

Here i am in the 'Bucket - I'm a bad dude (in my mind - lol):

I bought a new chassis for the old 'Bucket & I was going to finish the job - that was in 2000. I bought my 20th Cougar in 1999 and never had time for the 'Bucket after that. So then this 'Bucket shows up on eBay and it is 15 miles from me! It had all the features I was going to incorporate into my new ride - assuming I would ever get around to it. I decided that I was getting having too many problems with my joints and that I would likely never finish the rebuild of the old 'Bucket.

So I bought this one:

Yes, that is a Michelob tap for a shifter :D
11.96 @ 118 MPH old 306 KB; 428W coming soon.

My T-Bucket

Reply #1
I see how you tried to use clever camera angles to hide the fact that it's chebby powered :p

Looks nice!

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

My T-Bucket

Reply #2
Chevy powered or not, it's still VERY nice. I love the color of red also

My T-Bucket

Reply #3
pretty car. but axe that chevy power. you need a sutible motor. like a blown flathead or a 392 mopar hemi:D
louie  :birdsmily:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]       
My famous last words:
It seemed like a good idea at the time.        88TC R.I.P.      88 Sport build in progress

My T-Bucket

Reply #4
. Here we go again.

Don't listen to em! "Just ignore em they'll get bored and stop" :D
EVERY T-bucket has a 350. Just the way it is.

LIKIN' the shifter. Classic.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

My T-Bucket

Reply #6
I am enjoying it! I already modified it a bit by changing to angled windshield posts. The old windshield was angled a bit away from the driver and the reflections at dusk were downright dangerous (I was having trouble differentiating between reflection and road - note the neighbors house reflected in the second shot!). I will post some pics showing the new windshield angle.

Oh and BTW, I am over the newness and the chebby comments. I just kick back and cruise down the road with the 4 speaker stereo blasting "She ****in' Hates Me" by Puddle of Mudd. I finally get to use the cool little remote control that came with my 40 Gig MP3 player which is hidden under the seat - so cool!

My T-Bucket

Reply #7
no seriously it is a georgeous car chevy and all. lol but if you want to mod it some a flathead with polished edelbrock heads tripple strombergs and chrome zoomies would take it to the next level.
louie  :birdsmily:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]       
My famous last words:
It seemed like a good idea at the time.        88TC R.I.P.      88 Sport build in progress

My T-Bucket

Reply #8
I Love it. **** them Id throw a 350 in it. Its your car. If I had the time and was bored enough id put a 350 in  a fox. I wouldnt care.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

My T-Bucket

Reply #9
Yeah, these are pics I took back then when I had just sunk a bundle of money into the car and then posted here only to be shocked by the preoccupation with the engine. When I take some more shots I will be sure to get a close-up of the bow-tie logo on the oil breather :flame:

:evilgrin:

If I was rich I'd put a beautiful flathead in it - but I'm still tyring to make up for the dough I sunk into it.

My T-Bucket

Reply #10
Quote from: Cougar5.0;161738
Yeah, these are pics I took back then when I had just sunk a bundle of money into the car and then posted here only to be shocked by the preoccupation with the engine. When I take some more shots I will be sure to get a close-up of the bow-tie logo on the oil breather :flame:

:evilgrin:

If I was rich I'd put a beautiful flathead in it - but I'm still tyring to make up for the dough I sunk into it.

That's right. Roll with it, man. :cheers:

Some people apparently have very short attention spans, if they can't remember the recent fiasco.

Like I said before, that is awesome. I'd drive it with a honda B16 under the hood...... that is if there was a hood. Of course, I'd much rather have the 350. :hick:

My T-Bucket

Reply #11
Nice Bucket! :)
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

My T-Bucket

Reply #12
I still love the Beer Tap Shifter.

My T-Bucket

Reply #13
It just rocks.  Don't put a flathead in it, give the flattie to me.
1987 TC

My T-Bucket

Reply #14
I need one of these to put my 2.3 in...

oh yes oh yes
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication