Skip to main content
Topic: got the turbo mustang together (Read 1972 times) previous topic - next topic

got the turbo mustang together

well heres a couple pics of my mustang project ive been building since i got rid of the t-bird,
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #1
dude that thing is a BEAST!!!!!
louie  :birdsmily:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]       
My famous last words:
It seemed like a good idea at the time.        88TC R.I.P.      88 Sport build in progress

Reply #2
You running 10psi yet?
2005 Subaru WRX STi|daily driver

Reply #3
Nice !
1985 Thunderbird TC
2.3l .03 over,Ported and polished Head and E6 Manifold, LA3, T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo, Stinger FMIC, Forge BOV, Full 3" Exhaust, Essy Timing Gears & UDP's, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, Kirban AFPR, Kirban Short Shifter, K&N Cone, Forced4 VC Vent Kit, PA Performance 3g Alternator, Energy Suspension Bushings throughout, CHE LCA's, SFC's [/LEFT]

Reply #4
WOW! (And I HATE Mustangs!)

Reply #5
yeah i have the 10psi spring in it and it pulls hard:D  until it leans out at about 5psi, i went and bought a jet kit today and tommorow i will be upping the jets and trying to go for more boost
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

Reply #6
Quote from: cougarman;161313
yeah i have the 10psi spring in it and it pulls hard:D  until it leans out at about 5psi, i went and bought a jet kit today and tommorow i will be upping the jets and trying to go for more boost

http://www.theturboforums.com

If you havent do some digging in there blowthrough section.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1974 maverick lsx powered turbo car SOLD
1973 maverick Tijuana Taxi Tribute
1957 chevy LSX Turbo project (race car)
Owner of Joe Dirt Fabrication

Reply #7
So whatever happened to Project Eliminator, or is that the one that went to the graveyard? (and if so why)

Garrett H.
'94 F250 XLT- 4x4, 5 speed, 7.3 IDI Turbo Diesel, 4" intake, 4" exhaust, 5" turnout stacks, manual hubs, etc.
'87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe
Engine, wheels, tires, etc!
Exhaust sound clip
Another clip

Reply #8
Talking of turbo mustangs, was this one your insperation? It appears for the first time at the 3:00 minute mark and again at 4:00

1/4 in 9.19 @ 149

Reply #9
NICE man that is AWESOME!
RIP 1988 and 1990 Lincoln Mark VII LSC
I welcomed the dark side and currently am driving a 2000 Dodge Durango SLT plus, with a 5.9, Code named project "Night Runner"
Shes black on black, fully loaded, with headers, 180 tstat, e fan, straight exhaust into a cherry bomb vortex ler, full tune up, ported intake and T/B, MSD coil, and round aircleaner.
Mods to come: Fully rebuilt and heavily modded 46RE, and a richmond rachet locker.
my $300 beater ;)
R.I.P Kayleigh Raposa 12/18/90 - 2/24/07

Reply #10
nice!
91 ranger 2.3 turbo - nowhere near stock
87 thunderbird turbocoupe
06 pontiac g6 gt
:birdsmily:

Reply #11
Wow sure looks mean and powerful!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1988 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0L AOD 2.73 :cougarsmily:
1993 F150 XLT 5.8L E4OD 3.55

Reply #12
Cool ride!
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #13
sweet vid, and yeah im on turbomustangs also i think its cougarman6 on there though but i have a whole buildup of the first combo and now my new engine that i finaly got the tuning right on and it really scoots
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

Reply #14
Looks Awesome!
i been thinkin of doing a turbo build up lately but i would be runnin a much milder setup.
1986 Cougar LS